Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Dark, No Stars / Trade & Limited Editions

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Hmm...

published 2008

published 2009

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

nothing new , or so it seems.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The guy in "Tales From the Bucket" is so gay

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ah, those "mirrored covers" go back to the pulp sci-fi of the 50s...I think it was a homage more than anything.

I also agree with the above comment about the price...I prob. would have bought at $250, but $350...meh...I have the signed trade coming from RiverRun, so I think I'm all set.

But, the price is right...that was the right price point where I think it's fair to everyone.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But these covers don't have that "both sides of the mirror"-effect!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Ah, those "mirrored covers" go back to the pulp sci-fi of the 50s...I think it was a homage more than anything.
    You're probably right but those two Gil Thorp books were sent to the author of FDNS in the summer of 2009 as part of a different limited edition proposal and, as can be clearly seen, the layout for the dust jacket of the CD edition of FDNS is almost an identical blend of the two GT covers. Coincidence?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    You're probably right but those two Gil Thorp books were sent to the author of FDNS in the summer of 2009 as part of a different limited edition proposal and, as can be clearly seen, the layout for the dust jacket of the CD edition of FDNS is almost an identical blend of the two GT covers. Coincidence?
    Interesting indeed. Was the solicitation for a FDNS edition or another book?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ben, you say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears
    "those two Gil Thorp books were sent to the author of FDNS in the summer of 2009".
    Are you saying they went to Stephen King-author of FDNS?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Wait...so what's the implication?

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Ben, you say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears
    "those two Gil Thorp books were sent to the author of FDNS in the summer of 2009".
    Are you saying they went to Stephen King-author of FDNS?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Interesting indeed. Was the solicitation for a FDNS edition or another book?
    Different book.
    The GT books weren't sent as sample cover ideas, but, rather, to establish credibility and book publishing experience of the party proposing the limited edition to SK. The coincidence is that the cover art for CD's FDNS looks strikingly similar to the GT cover art. No accusation, no implication, just relating a chronological sequence of events.

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Take Five Productions? Were they shopping a graphic novel?

The cover artwork for the Cemetery Dance edition of FULL DARK, NO STARS came from discussions I had with Tomislav Tikulin over the summer once we knew we'd be publishing this book.

At the time, King and his agents approved Tomislav as the cover artist (as well as the interior artists), but they were not involved in the actual art discussions. They also approved the final artwork when it was completed. So they saw samples of Tomislav's past artwork (he does some beautiful stuff -- I would google him if you haven't seen it before!) and then they saw the final artwork. They didn't give any specific suggestions or ideas for the artwork.

I was the one who first suggested the idea of a man looking in a shop window with his reflection showing his "inner stranger" since one of the major themes of the book is the dark stranger inside everyone that we don't show the world. I envisioned a very normal looking street scene and the only "evil" element would be the reflection. This idea came to me while re-reading "A Good Marriage" in particular, but the theme is strong in all four stories.

During the discussions and the development of the sketches and the first passes at the artwork, I suggested it might be cool if the front and the back covers kind of mirrored each other. This is something we've all seen before on other books, it's hardly an original idea, but I thought it was a terrific way to amplify and focus on the themes of FULL DARK, NO STARS. Tomislav agreed and ran with the idea and came up with an even better looking cover than I had imagined.

By the way, this wasn't my first idea for the cover artwork -- when you meet the RATS in 1922, you'll understand why I thought about covering the book with their image -- but we wanted to go with something a little more subtle and something that actually reflected the themes of the book.

best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    Take Five Productions? Were they shopping a graphic novel?
    No. A limited edition of an SK manuscript.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Overlook Connection is selling a "Glow in the Dark" slipcase for FDNS.

Link

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I can't help it but I still hate the Overlook Connection slipcases with a passion. They always use horrendous color schemes and they just look so... cartoony and amateurish to me.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Those things are really ugly.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like 'em. They look like...mmm...the glowing stars the little girls put in their bedrooms.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I can't help it but I still hate the Overlook Connection slipcases with a passion. They always use horrendous color schemes and they just look so... cartoony and amateurish to me.
    I concur.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like. No sir, not one bit.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are the Overlook Connection slipcases made by blind children?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    Are the Overlook Connection slipcases made by blind children?
    Yes, but they can't hear. (The complaints)

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Anybody know if there will be a signing?
    How about a signed/limited?
    My gut tells me NO to both.
    The mod at SKMB has already said no to both questions.
    So they were wrong on both counts!

And yes - that is one UGLY slipcase! Won't see one on my shelves, that's for sure!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not really my taste either, but as they do keep turning them out, I'm sure somebody must like -and buy- them!

sk

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, they are horrible. They should just create blank slipcases to house the book. They would be much more attractive that way.
    Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast