Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
All the drops are appreciated. $100 gets a person 10 entries for the grand prize. We have yet to commit that the signed sketch will be second prize. it would be tough to not make it a prize if members donated over $500 for it to be second prize.
We shall see.

This is still unofficial, so please withhold donations for this until clarified,

J
You could always raise the cap from 10 to 15 or 20 entries. I think that would help draw more to donations. I donate over the 100 mark but I know it would definitely make it easier to drop even more if there were possibly more entries as well which could then entail an even cooler set of prizes with higher donation amounts.
Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
All the drops are appreciated. $100 gets a person 10 entries for the grand prize. We have yet to commit that the signed sketch will be second prize. it would be tough to not make it a prize if members donated over $500 for it to be second prize.
We shall see.

This is still unofficial, so please withhold donations for this until clarified,

J
You could always raise the cap from 10 to 15 or 20 entries. I think that would help draw more to donations. I donate over the 100 mark but I know it would definitely make it easier to drop even more if there were possibly more entries as well which could then entail an even cooler set of prizes with higher donation amounts.

I'm not changing the cap rule now. Certainly something to consider if we do the fundraiser next year, but changing that rule this late in the fundraiser wouldn't be cool.
Besides, If you want 20 entries, donate $100, and have your wife/significant other donate $100. Voila 20 entries.
It's not capped at 10 per household.

J
Those are some good thoughts, but then wouldn't it become incumbent upon us to come up with cooler and more valuable prizes? That would hurt auctions to some extent I'd think. It's already pretty hard to come up with new and cooler auction items every year. Certainly though, we need to discuss it further and have some meeting of the minds. The HF needs to be more fluid and changing year to year for sure. Thanks for the input!!!

Spoiler:
FWIW as it is I start hawking for auction items for the next year on May 20th!!! LOL LOL