Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: A L | E N

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    Does anyone know if Alien Vs. Preditor is any good? I have noy seen it and I was thinking about renting it.
    I didn't enjoy it, but maybe I was expecting too much. GO in with no expectations and maybe it will be alright.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was how I felt about Preditor 2 when I saw it. I loved the first, and I was hoping that the second would be just as good, which it wasn't!
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[quote=To The Dark Tower Came;86911]
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Spoiler:
    The main thing I am thinking of is the scene where they are all having dinner and we find out what a chest-buster is for the first time. Can you imagine what it was like to see that in the theater with no previous knowledge of what these aliens could do? It would have been awesome!
    And what's great about that particulqar scene is

Spoiler:
    This really doesn't need a spoiler but since it goes along with yours I'll put it... When they were filming the chest bursting scene in the original, the cast had no idea what was going to happen in the scene except that it was supposed the be "horrible". So the reaction to the baby alien and the blood spewing everywhere is real reaction from the cast.
    I saw a "making of" show about Alien that talked about that. That is a really good idea for getting actual reactions but I bet it is really hard to pull off. I mean, how do you keep all of you actors and actresses in the dark about one of the biggest scenes in the movie until you shoot it?

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From what I have heard today, the movie sounds pretty good.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While browsing the seemingly endless bins, aisles and display stands of movies at Wal-Mart, I came across the Alien trilogy for just $19.96.

I felt it was about time to add these much talked about films to the ever growing movie database in my memory.

I thought Alien was really good. I especially liked seeing Ripley in her panties and a tight wife beater, showing off a little ass cleve. I think they were trying to show humanity at its most vulnerable, but I was distracted.

(Interesting Servant sidenote: Sigourney Weaver spoke at my college graduation.)

As good as Alien was, Aliens was awesome. It instantly became one of my favorite action movies off all time.

I'll watch the third film when I get the chance.

After watching the first two films, I kind of got a little angry and sad with the state of cinema today. It reminded me of an article I had just read in EW about how the sci-fi genre is really dead right now.

It's so true. Why aren't we making good movies like Alien anymore?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, Servant. Lee Majors, the 6 Million Dollar Man spoke at my college graduation.

Anyways, Zone, i'll have you know i just settled down on the couch with my dog and I'm just about to start watching Alien for the first time.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Cool, Servant. Lee Majors, the 6 Million Dollar Man spoke at my college graduation.
    ...and he was boring as shit.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It reminded me of an article I had just read in EW about how the sci-fi genre is really dead right now.
    I read that article as well, and I completely agree.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, there really hasnt been anything five star lately. Sunshine is pretty much the only original new scifi thats come out in the last 2 years that I can remember that was half decent. Same director as 28 days later.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I am a fan.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, now that I've seen the first 3 Alien films, should I just go ahead and see Resurection?

I guess it only makes sense.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Zomg! I just finished watching Aliens........Holy shit! Best movie evar!

I really loved the ending, what a good action movie.

And Bill Paxton was such a douche in it. I'm used to loveable, polygamist Bill Paxton.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Im so happy for you Erin *clutches to bosom*

Mike: yes. watch resurrection, i think Alien and Aliens are better but IMO its just as good, if not a smidge better, than alien 3 directors cut. Alot of people canned Alien Resurrection but theres so many good things about it, the french direction is great and the dark, brooding atmosphere is unlike any of the other three. In fact I think the feel of the movie is fark darker and more forlorn (for humanity) than the other three, save for perhaps the third.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

OK, I got hubby Alien3 director's version... watched it last night. I found it to be a much better movie than the theatrical release. The opening scenes are far superior to the ones they showed in the theater.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, its definitely a better movie. It makes sense, for one

Country
    Country Flag

I loved all three of the movies.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Yeah, its definitely a better movie. It makes sense, for one
    yeah...
    Spoiler:
    I had always wondered about the big room where they got the toxic chemical from... talking about if they can get the alien in there it can't get out...

Country
    Country Flag

Hollywood.
    They get away with stuff.

Along the Path of the Beam childeluke is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a HUGE fan of the original trilogy, Deadliest of Species, and a few of the books. AVP sucked major balls....i fell asleep in the first 5 minutes....I NEVER fall asleep during movies...as in Not EVER. What the fuck? The next day I had to force myself to watch it, and I almost cried because it was that bad. Now AVPR is out and i just feel like punching something....too bad I don't have acid spit..that would rock.

Country
    Country Flag

Indeed. Acid spit would be cool.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll take one of those nice sleek shoulder laser blowing-up things.
    In Digitized Remorse

Country
    Country Flag

You're not referring to a .. predator weapon, are you?

Along the Path of the Beam Vasagi is on a distinguished road Vasagi's Avatar

I loved the first 2 Alien movies, but the series has slid downhill from there. The first one was just incredible slow-paced, suspenseful and terrifying. The sequel was even better, though it was entirely different ... good character development, and a good exploration of the Alien itself.

Something about the 3rd one just didn't set well with me ... they took the concept and changed it, with the doglike critter. 4 was an atrocity and the new AvP movies are just mass produced filler ... the McDonald's of sci-fi.

I guess maybe once your "Alien cherry"'s been popped, and you know what the Alien is, and how it works, it's just not as interesting ... dunno.

Country
    Country Flag

Vasagi, try and get hold of the Director's edition of Alien 3, its a much better movie.

I just saw it and I agree with the goat licker... I mean ZoNe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast