Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 126 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3137

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

The Hill house American Gods is top of my 'wish list'

(I do have their Anansai Boys, which is an excellent edition)

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post

there have been several up on ebay lately - in the $250-350 range - although not sure if they all have the reader copy. Most have gone unsold - so you could probably message the seller directly

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Came in today - Anansi boys proof 74/450 plus publisher letter

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

^ Sweet!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post

I've got a spare copy, I might be persuaded to part with at the right price.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice proof. Only a couple of weeks until we see what shakes out w the damn truth. Btw I saw an auction that someone "presold" one of the 250 limited copies for £199. Seriously 4x the issue price - I was amazed - especially since you can still find copies for pre-order if you only searched a little bit.

As an aside - check out the cbldl website - comic book legal defense league -

http://cbldf.myshopify.com

They have some great stuff - a bunch of signed graphic novels, some by gaiman too - since he helped establish it. I just dropped a couple hundred yesterday on books I wanted to read. Signed copies of Maus, Craig thompson, jeff smith, Frank miller, watchmen books, just to name a few. These are all just slightly above original publisher costs if that. I'd been wanting a bone artist edition from idw - and they had a signed/sketched version for less than idw sells their signed/numbered copy (and that isn't sketched). So check it out. Plus if you need a charitable organization to donate to you can do that as well.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW - Amazon still has the larger US Truth edition listed and it says it's signed by both. They probably just allocated a certain amount to GB. I'm thinking it's going to be the same book only with a different limitation.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    BTW - Amazon still has the larger US Truth edition listed and it says it's signed by both. They probably just allocated a certain amount to GB. I'm thinking it's going to be the same book only with a different limitation.
    i cannot imagine that they are different

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

the wicked library
    611: Wicked Things – Featuring “The Price” by Neil Gaiman
    http://www.thewickedlibrary.com/611/

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, my order of Truth is on the way from Amazon. I figured I would keep it as well as the one from Book Depository. If they end up being the same edition with the same limitation, I'll just sell one at face value and be done with it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Well, my order of Truth is on the way from Amazon. I figured I would keep it as well as the one from Book Depository. If they end up being the same edition with the same limitation, I'll just sell one at face value and be done with it.
    No shipping notice yet from Things from another world - will see what copies they ended up getting...

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

I received my long ago ordered copies of Truth today from Amazon. I ordered two and they're sequential numbers (of 3,000). Nice productions.

One thing that's odd is that Eddie Campbell's signature is in gold marker in one of the books, and green marker in the other. Also, signed differently with the green sig being all on one line, and the gold having 'Eddie' above 'Campbell'.

Probably not that strange to change markers during signing many limitation pages I guess. But weird that of 2 sequential books I have 2 different sig colors and styles.

Also, total number of pages I'm counting is 82 - which doesn't match either the Amazon or Book Depository descriptions.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KingKorn View Post
    I received my long ago ordered copies of Truth today from Amazon. I ordered two and they're sequential numbers (of 3,000). Nice productions.

One thing that's odd is that Eddie Campbell's signature is in gold marker in one of the books, and green marker in the other. Also, signed differently with the green sig being all on one line, and the gold having 'Eddie' above 'Campbell'.

Probably not that strange to change markers during signing many limitation pages I guess. But weird that of 2 sequential books I have 2 different sig colors and styles.

Also, total number of pages I'm counting is 82 - which doesn't match either the Amazon or Book Depository descriptions.
    please post some pics - so we can compare to the other limited copy. Was there a CD or DVD included in the amazon copy? curious to see if there will actually be any differences - besides the limitation number

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my Amazon order today - out of 3000 as listed above and produced by William Morrow. It does have the CD. The one I ordered from BD says it is published by Headline. I have a feeling it may be the same book with a different limitation and copyright page. Will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKorn View Post

I haven't seen a copy yet. Did these sheets have hand-numbering or pre-printed numbering?

I can only speak from personal experience, so don't quote me as this being correct in this particular instance, but there's a very good reason we don't number or letter sheets BEFORE they go to the printer: the printer often reshuffles the sheets or even damages some in the printing process. So it's entirely possible that the very first sheet signed and the very last sheet signed could end up in back to back books! Since we number the books after the arrive back from the printer, we never know if the signing order was maintained. (But based on the couple of times when an author did pre-number the sheets, I would guess the signing order is almost never maintained...!)

I think it's really neat that you ended up with two different color pens on your sig sheets. I know some people don't care about that sort of thing, but I always think it's cool.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    please post some pics - so we can compare to the other limited copy. Was there a CD or DVD included in the amazon copy? curious to see if there will actually be any differences - besides the limitation number
    Sure thing, cit74. Here's a picture of my two limitation pages (again these are both from Amazon). And yes, the mp3 CD was included - it looks exactly like pictured on the sub press site and others.

Also thanks for your comments and insights on the signature sheet process, Brian. Very interesting - I just never really thought about how out of order they must get. I also think it's kind of cool to see such differences on sequential copies, but I will geek out a bit on such things.

Country
    Country Flag

wow - different - i like the gaiman sig on top and the campbell sig on the bottom book - thats just me.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alabama Booksmith has SIGNED copies of Neverwhere Author preferred text (first edition signed on the title page)

You can call and order 205-870-4242

I know we all have too many versions of this book, but for cover price.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Alabama Booksmith has SIGNED copies of Neverwhere Author preferred text (first edition signed on the title page)

You can call and order 205-870-4242

I know we all have too many versions of this book, but for cover price.....
    The #1 New York Times bestselling author’s ultimate edition of his wildly successful first novel featuring his “preferred text”—and including the special “Neverwhere” tale “How the Marquis Got His Coat Back.

This might be the only reason I buy this copy - this story is also in rogues. But with neverwhere is where it should be.

Country
    Country Flag

Just got this today - forgot I had even ordered it - Best New Horror - limited to 100 copies:

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    Why no Barker sig?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Nice!
    Why no Barker sig?
    no idea - I guess he was too busy. I'll have to ask Pete in the PS thread.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    Why no Barker sig?
    cool - i have one on order too - never received a shipping notice though - did you get one? I have to check the cc I used since an old one was corrupted

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Nice!
    Why no Barker sig?
    cool - i have one on order too - never received a shipping notice though - did you get one? I have to check the cc I used since an old one was corrupted
    no shipping notice - it just showed up with the mail.

Country
    Country Flag

Haha - mine showed up today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 126 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast