Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose one

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)

18 69.23%
  • National Lampoon's Vacation (1983)

8 30.77%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Final

Hybrid View

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Originally Posted by Jimimck
    Uh, must have missed that. What won?

Alien.

Which basically meant that a Sci-Fi movie won the Horror tournament.
    ???? How did Aliens even get included to begin with? Thats not a horror.

Do you remember what was second?
    Psycho came second.

But then Psycho isn't a Horror film either. It's a Thriller.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Um.

Alien is most definitely a horror film.

Actually, it's considered one of the greatest horror films of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post

Um, maybe in your opinion but it really is a Sci fi film. A very good Sci fi film yes, but a sci fi film none the less.
    Let's see.
    A few of the results that "best horror films of all time" google search reveals.

The American Film Institute's Top 100 Greatest horror movies ever (#6 btw)
    http://www.afi.com/100years/thrills.aspx
    The American Film Institute's Top 100 Greatest Horror Movies may have Alien ranked at #6, but consider some of the other films also included in that same list...

#8. The French Connection Really?

#10. Raiders of the Lost Ark Yeah, sure.

#11. The Godfather WTF!!!

#19. The Great Escape Hahaha!!!

#23. Lawrence of Arabia Now they are just taking the piss...

#25. Titanic Actually this was truly horrific, just not in the right way... LOL!

#27. Star Wars Pffffft!!!!

#37. Casablanca Priceless!!!

#39. Die Hard ROFL!!!

Somehow, I don't think the AFI's list is particularly accurate... LOL! LOL!

From Time out London .com
    http://www.timeout.com/london/film/b...t#tab_panel_10

**they even have a listing of various experts in the genre whom helped form that list^ which you can find here
    http://www.timeout.com/london/film/t...age_page=44205
    Well according to Time Out, Alien is ranked #5 in their list of best Horror films.

However, Alien is ranked #3 in Time Out's Greatest Sci-Fi films of all time (just behind Blade Runner and 2001: A Space Odyssey), so I'm assuming those same "experts" believe Alien to be a better Sci-Fi than a Horror movie...

http://www.timeout.com/london/film/the-100-best-sci-fi-movies-10-1?package_page=45597

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    However, Alien is ranked #3 in Time Out's Greatest Sci-Fi films of all time (just behind Blade Runner and 2001: A Space Odyssey), so I'm assuming those same "experts" believe Alien to be a better Sci-Fi than a Horror movie...
    What we're getting at here is whether or not Alien is considered a horror - it is, obviously. We can debate numbers among the pantheon after.

I guess I'll never understand peoples raging hardon over discrediting Alien as a horror film. It's pretty sad.

+ Reply to Thread