It's all a matter of personal style. I kind of see each sentence either as it's own story or it's own image, so I either turn six sentences into one long flowing one or chop one up into separate images if it's more descriptive than expository. Everything from sentence length/structure, when paragraphs should start to end, punctuation...in terms of correctness I don't believe there is any correct way, it's all entirely arbitrary. Some people are extremely stingent with their grammar and don't parce words. I think The Sun Also Rises and Catcher In The Rye are almost equally great novels, yet Hemingway employs brevity and Sallinger employs a meandering narrative and both are equally great. I do think it's important for a writer to choose what sort of style they mean to employ to get the best out of their content, whether that's before pen touches page or halfway through the second draft (like me lol), it is practically essential to have a consistent style, unless you want to use contrasting styles as a style.

James, is your intent for the novel to broken into chapters or no chapter breaks with little separations to denote time/space/location changes? Gotta eat then I'm going to read through this.

Every time I've copy/pasted mine from word it's messed up but I figured out a work around. Hopefully James, Jean and some others can give my first few chapters a gander once I've got it all edited up. I'll be converting it to .mobi for e-readers once it's all edited so I'll let a few special people like y'all to read it.