Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The collectible Tim Powers

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I received that email from SP too. Bummer. The seller "bookmint" has them for sale at issue price and I didn't notice anything wrong with the slipcase.

Camelot had a special on Three Days to Never S/L at $40. I added it to the Powers stack of books I'm buying from them.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Mine appears to be the same as every other picture I can find online- just a tad askew where the "Keyhole" die cut outs meet. Really not an issue at all. Even my Hill House books, which I generally consider the nicest books in my library, all have slight issues in their die cut slipcases. Still, this is curious as it seems a significant amount have to be held back and remade...?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

There was a photo attached to the email and it was more than a bit off.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Wow, obviously a "batch" was off enough to be a problem. Bummer. Hopefully you get your copy asap. And, even though you'll have to wait a bit- I'll bet your copy is spot on perfect- even better than the just-slightly-off batch that seems to be out there already (including my copy).

Slipcase issues aside, I've finally had a chance to open it up and- good god, but this is one gorgeous package! Stunningly designed in and out. I'm pretty speechless and most importantly- it just demands that I read it again.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess good things come to those that "have" to wait. LOL

Country
    Country Flag

SP said the slipcases arrived and will be shipping!! They also said there may be an extra few copies available.

Traveler vbull is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

That's good. In his last newsletter Jerad said that there was around 17 copies left in stock. I'm surprised that it's already almost sold out but there's still many copies here and there for sale too.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

The book is gorgeous. CP may be the best small press publisher

My Mood
    Relaxed

Yep, I agree. CP really seem to be hitting their stride.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you were on the fence about the Anubis Gates before - then here is your chance to get a steal. Jerad just added 10 copies to the scratch and dent sale - signed with a new slipcase - and I have bought his scratch and dent items before - and cannot tell where they are. These are down to $195 - $100 off the original list price:

http://www.centipedepress.com/scratchanddents.html

oh and there are unsigned copies in those misalligned slipcases for only $95

almost tempted to buy an extra - read that one and then give it as a gift….my dad's bday is coming up…and I usually get him some books lately…hhmm.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Grabbed one. Thanks!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Centipede Press currently have 3 copies left of The Anubis Gates as part of their 'Scratch and Dent' sale for $295. Is this a discounted price or was the original price always $295?

http://www.centipedepress.com/sf/anubisgates.html

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Centipede Press currently have 3 copies left of The Anubis Gates as part of their 'Scratch and Dent' sale for $295. Is this a discounted price or was the original price always $295?

http://www.centipedepress.com/sf/anubisgates.html
    $295 was original price, a few weeks back Jerad had them discounted to $195. A new Tim powers charnel house production is available at camelot, sub press, and of course charnel house. A bit pricey little short story - but looks like beautiful production
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Nobody's Home: An Anubis Gates Story by Tim Powers.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...is_gates_story

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Nobody's Home: An Anubis Gates Story by Tim Powers.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...is_gates_story
    Did anyone spring for this? This is my most anticipated book of the year.

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Did anyone spring for this? This is my most anticipated book of the year.
    I ordered through Camelot along with The Drawing of the Dark.

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't but I plan on it.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did along with Appointment on Sunset.

Country
    Country Flag

i am pretty sure I did - now i gotta check my invoices…if not I will get one - and match the number to CP anubis gates

Country
    Country Flag

I tried matching my CP Anubis to Nobody's Home but CP has a higher number than the limitation of Nobody's Home. It's no big deal but it would've been cool. I'm pretty sure I ordered The Drawing of the Dark S/L when SP had their 50% off sale.

Country
    Country Flag

Haha - me too - I had #490 of Anubis gates and realized nobody's home only goes to #474 - so close

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler Ruthless is on a distinguished road

I want every single edition you have posted. I only have a signed copy of Declare but I absolutely cherish it. Just letting you know that I'm directing the stage adaptation of The Anubis Gates and Tim has just written an introduction for it. We are asking for donations to cover our costs of printing the souvenir programme (with original artwork by Teresita de la Torre including an awesome portrait of Tim). The donation begins at US$15 (just enough to cover printing and shipping.) We will do a limited edition of 300. Thanks. Oh, we're at www.anubisgates2014.com

Traveler Ruthless is on a distinguished road

I own a scratch and dented Centipede Press Anubis Gates--totally worth it--the editions are still beautiful even if you can find the dent. We used the chart Dave Palumbo drew as dramaturgy for the show. And Centipede's in the programme. Awesomeness all around!

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

New:

Message if interested. We also have a copy of the Centipede Press ANUBIS GATES signed/limited; also a copy that was sold unsigned (no limitation page) that Tim has signed and doodled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast