Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: which star trek was the best?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • the original

34 34.34%
  • next generation

47 47.47%
  • DS9

11 11.11%
  • voyager

6 6.06%
  • enterprise

1 1.01%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To Boldly Go... Star Trek Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Never saw those pics, someone needs to track them down and PM this poor old man.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I know The Next Gen tried to be more realistic with it, but I really liked how Kirk would go on the away missions instead of sending someone else. I mean there might be a woman he hadn't slept with down on the planet!!!

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Here you go TerribleT:

And we all know this one:

And this is so darn funny because that is EXACTLY what happened in the episode:

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked them all but I liked Enterprise the least. Had a hard time getting into it. Voyager gets 2nd to last. Between TOS, TNG, and DS9...I have a hard time making a choice. I suppose I'll always love TOS because it was the first. I grew up in the 70s and I was raised on it and I loved most of the movies. It did take me longer to warm up to TNG...first season was absolutely horrendous but it got better and better as it went along and ended up being absolutely great and First Contact may be the best of all of the Trek movies...not by much though. Wrath of Kahn, Search for Spock, and Undiscovered Country where outstanding too.

I suppose if I had to come from it through a completely technical standpoint with no sentimentality attached I'd have to go with DS9...quality of acting, story lines, the characters...I thought it was the richest of all of them all. It started strong and ended even stronger. Unlike any of the other series not one character in DS9 annoyed me. I loved the space station aspect of it as opposed to traveling through space. My enjoyment of the series increased exponentially when the Dominion story line started.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    btw, has anyone seen the documentary "trekkers" about the most obsessed fans? it is hilarity in its purest form, particularly the dentist with the trek-themed office. i HIGHLY reccomend it to anyone looking for a good laugh at something unscripted.
    I don't think anything beats the fat transvestite singing that Klingon song...I almost fucking died. Dude started to gear up for the song and I'm actually saying aloud, "No...oh fucking god no, don't, please!"

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    btw, has anyone seen the documentary "trekkers" about the most obsessed fans? it is hilarity in its purest form, particularly the dentist with the trek-themed office. i HIGHLY reccomend it to anyone looking for a good laugh at something unscripted.
    I don't think anything beats the fat transvestite singing that Klingon song...I almost fucking died. Dude started to gear up for the song and I'm actually saying aloud, "No...oh fucking god no, don't, please!"
    Definitely another classic of that film. It's one of those that proves documentaries can be MUCH funnier than scripted comedy.

+ Reply to Thread