Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Sleep-The Shining II

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    I went to 1/2 price books and I picked up a S/L Doctor sleep #8 for $225 (1/2 price) and also a Gift edition for $47 I can't believe someone turned these in already and I was thinking how much of a loss the owner took!! Also I would have expected it to be priced a lot closer to market price.

Hey not complaining I was just shocked!
    Wow! Great find! I agree with you… the person probably just got the S/L a week or so ago. Pretty quick to sell it to a used bookstore.

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I went to 1/2 price books and I picked up a S/L Doctor sleep #8 for $225 (1/2 price) and also a Gift edition for $47 I can't believe someone turned these in already and I was thinking how much of a loss the owner took!! Also I would have expected it to be priced a lot closer to market price.

Wow! Great find! I agree with you… the person probably just got the S/L a week or so ago. Pretty quick to sell it to a used bookstore.
    I can't speak to motivation, but #8 is an old-time lifer who probably just trades all of the books in these days for whatever cash/credit they'll give him. He probably has no idea what the value is.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that's an amazing purchase!

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

I can't speak to motivation, but #8 is an old-time lifer who probably just trades all of the books in these days for whatever cash/credit they'll give him. He probably has no idea what the value is.

Brian
    I hadn't thought of that. If he has a lifetime membership he may just turn in everything he gets for the money. He would get a lot more if he or she sold then on Ebay.

I was just lucky enough to be there when they came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
    I hadn't thought of that. If he has a lifetime membership he may just turn in everything he gets for the money. He would get a lot more if he or she sold then on Ebay.

I was just lucky enough to be there when they came in.
    Now you know where to watch for future titles! Who knows, you might get lucky again down the road.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Or, since he must live in your area, make contact with him and see if he's willing to sell to you.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I could pay him a lot more than the book store and still get a great deal.

I will see if I can figure out how to get his name.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

PS publishing just announced 20 (make that 19) copies of the CD Dr Sleep limited edition available -first come, first served...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    PS publishing just announced 20 (make that 19) copies of the CD Dr Sleep limited edition available -first come, first served...
    I'm not seeing it. Where was it announced? Link?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'm not seeing it. Where was it announced? Link?
    http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/doctor...ing-1972-p.asp

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that the signed edition? The newsletter says it is the slipcased edition, which would be the unsigned edition since the signed edition is traycased.

Also, my gut says that the price seems to good to be the signed edition.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Patrick; 11-29-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: clarity
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Thanks. I found that link but thought you were talking about a stash of the signed/numbered edition.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the gift edition.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the confirmation, guys.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

That was fun...
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Got my heart rate up for no reason. Oh well. Back to my nap.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry guys, didn't mean to cause panic! If it has been the S/L I would have said...

In my defence PS list it as a limited..

About this Deluxe Special Edition:
    Cemetery Dance Publications is very pleased to announce our Deluxe Special Limited Edition of Stephen King's new novel, Doctor Sleep.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Make that 18.

I'm not sure I'm going to wait for PS, the next time. With 82.99GBP ($125) It's only a bit cheaper than directly from CD ($95 + $50 shipping).
    (And not being frustrated.)
    Last edited by Niels; 11-30-2013 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Original price is $95, not $75

Sorry guys, didn't mean to cause panic! If it has been the S/L I would have said...

In my defence PS list it as a limited..

About this Deluxe Special Edition:
    Cemetery Dance Publications is very pleased to announce our Deluxe Special Limited Edition of Stephen King's new novel, Doctor Sleep.

No apologies needed. I think I just jumped to the wrong conclusion.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There are five different editions of the UK Doctor Sleep.

The regular trade edition:

The Waterstones edition that has an extra author's note by King:

The WH Smith edition with a different color dust jacket:

The "gift" edition with a facsimile King signature (mine is #503 of 700):

The signed limited edition (mine is #108 of 200):

There was also a limited numbered proof (mine is #63 of 150):

John

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Don't get much better then that U.K. wise.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Well, John, that's just six shades of pure English awesome !!!!
    We all float down here!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

PS Publishing are currently selling both the gift and S/L editions on their site. S/L for UK buyers only.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Currently 2 S/L and 6 gift editions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast