Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tull *possible spoilers*

Hybrid View

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BeDaN View Post
    Wasn't the trap pretty much set up to go off when he was leaving town? So whether he went earlier or later whenever he left it would go down.
    Tull was batsh*t crazy! This was an intense point of the book and all the insight has been interesting but this is how I view Tull.Roland knew it was bad news from the moment he walked into that f'd up enchanted town but the road was long so he decided to get some grub,some drink and some lovin'... after all he knew it was going to hell from the moment he sat down at that bar and found out the man in black was there doing his parlor tricks.That town was coming at him with everything they had even if he had left on the first day because the trap had been set...he was the interloper.Why did sai King draw the scene out in the way he did?....because it's a story that needs full pages.Like it or not that scene stuck with you for awhile after you read it and it left a strong enough impression that it had a whole thread dedicated to it so I think King achieved what he was going for at 22 years old and that's to get in your head and mine.Job well done.
    Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingMan79 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeDaN View Post
    Wasn't the trap pretty much set up to go off when he was leaving town? So whether he went earlier or later whenever he left it would go down.
    Tull was batsh*t crazy! This was an intense point of the book and all the insight has been interesting but this is how I view Tull.Roland knew it was bad news from the moment he walked into that f'd up enchanted town but the road was long so he decided to get some grub,some drink and some lovin'... after all he knew it was going to hell from the moment he sat down at that bar and found out the man in black was there doing his parlor tricks.That town was coming at him with everything they had even if he had left on the first day because the trap had been set...he was the interloper.Why did sai King draw the scene out in the way he did?....because it's a story that needs full pages.Like it or not that scene stuck with you for awhile after you read it and it left a strong enough impression that it had a whole thread dedicated to it so I think King achieved what he was going for at 22 years old and that's to get in your head and mine.Job well done.

Very good points!! Now, if only you weren't a "Red Sux" fan..... LOL

BTW, do you have a book collection? If so, how about a "collection thread"? Most of us start slowly and gain speed. Mine can be viewed in my "sig". Join in the fun!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have a collection worth sharing. I buy soft covers and they all have rabbit ears. I did buy the hardcover of "Wind through the keyhole" but no special editions or anything. I have been checking out some of the collections and they are very cool!
    Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower.

+ Reply to Thread