• Damaged due to rubbing/ink transfer

35 71.43%
Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2918

Thread: The Shining S/L from Subterranean Press

Gunslinger Apprentice Rainet is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Wonder how many are left available. I am guessing maybe between 30-40 left.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

SP have done a pretty bad job with this one. It's ridiculous that a classic such as The Shining is still available, months after being announced.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    SP have done a pretty bad job with this one. It's ridiculous that a classic such as The Shining is still available, months after being announced.
    Not sure what you are referring to. We haven't even seen the book yet. I think it is going to be pretty nice. Are you disappointed in SP's marketing of the book?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I should've been more specific. I meant the marketing, not the book itself.

SP don't really have to do heavy marketing for any of their books. All of their books sell out. It surprising that The Shining is still available months after being announced, that's all.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is unusual that it isn't already sold out, too. What do you think Bill should have done? I guess he could have advertised on other sites or in magazines but since it will eventually sell out anyway wouldn't that just have been wasted money and effort?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    I just ordered one, couldn't resist! But shipping to Sweden, $53.75, hmmm...
    Ugh, the USPS is just killing all of us on the postage for shipments outside the US. Once you cross that 4 pound mark (in terms of the weight of the package), options become very limited and expensive. Trust me when I say, no one is happy about it -- except maybe the Post Office because they know we're stuck with them for these shipments!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Ugh, the USPS is just killing all of us on the postage for shipments outside the US. Once you cross that 4 pound mark (in terms of the weight of the package), options become very limited and expensive. Trust me when I say, no one is happy about it -- except maybe the Post Office because they know we're stuck with them for these shipments!

Brian
    It's why i have stopped buying books from the US

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post

Brian
    Yep, you're not the only one. It's hard to expect people to pay $50 for a book and then $50 for shipping, etc. That's why we've been pointing our customers from across the pond toward PS Publishing's online store for our books. We also now have an online store in Australia that carries our new releases, and we're working with some publishing colleagues in Canada to do the same thing for our friends to the north this fall.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

And i appreciate that!

And i appreciate that!
    I told someone somewhere the other day that the Non-US postage prices are getting so out of hand that it'll soon be cheaper for me to fly around the world with a lot of luggage packed with books.

Brian

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And i appreciate that!
    I told someone somewhere the other day that the Non-US postage prices are getting so out of hand that it'll soon be cheaper for me to fly around the world with a lot of luggage packed with books.

Brian
    Is that an advertisement for a new job at CD? If so, I'm in.

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Yep, you're not the only one. It's hard to expect people to pay $50 for a book and then $50 for shipping, etc. That's why we've been pointing our customers from across the pond toward PS Publishing's online store for our books. We also now have an online store in Australia that carries our new releases, and we're working with some publishing colleagues in Canada to do the same thing for our friends to the north this fall.

Brian
    Hey Brian, are there any ground services that go to Canada? Or do they have to go airmail? Is the bigger issue in the shipping cost the weight or the dimensions of the package?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    Hey Brian, are there any ground services that go to Canada? Or do they have to go airmail? Is the bigger issue in the shipping cost the weight or the dimensions of the package?

Ken
    For what we ship, it's the weight because our boxes usually don't get big enough to exceed the maximum dimensions for the shipping class. Anything 4 pounds and less can be shipped via First Class International Mail. Anything 5 pounds and over has to be shipped via Priority Mail International. So the First Class International is our "ground" option for anywhere we ship outside the US. The recent rate changes added something like $6 to our shipments to Canada for First Class International, which was a real shock for everyone. (I don't handle the order processing, so my numbers might be off a bit, but I definitely hear about the changes -- ha!)

Brian

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Another thread taken over by CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Another thread taken over by CD.
    One thread to rule them all?

Brian

P.S. I actually think the shipping info is probably relevant to the thread (for once!) since Bill has to deal with the same postage problems we do on bigger books like this.

Yeah, I should've been more specific. I meant the marketing, not the book itself.
    I suspect the concerns some collectors had about the artwork slowed the sales a bit, but since it will be sold out soon and long before publication, I don't think it'll affect the long-term values at all -- for those who are concerned about that sort of thing!

Brian

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I suspect the concerns some collectors had about the artwork slowed the sales a bit, but since it will be sold out soon and long before publication, I don't think it'll affect the long-term values at all -- for those who are concerned about that sort of thing!

Brian
    Didn't it took a while for the IT gift edition to sell out? The Doctor Sleep gift edition was a bit of an oddity selling out as fast as it did.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    Didn't it took a while for the IT gift edition to sell out? The Doctor Sleep gift edition was a bit of an oddity selling out as fast as it did.

Ken
    Yep, the IT Gift Edition took a while because of the price ($125) and print run (2,750). Doctor Sleep's Gift Edition selling out in a week caught everyone by surprise.

This Gift Edition of The Shining is going to be a beautiful book with Vinny's artwork and Bill's production values, plus it has a nice low print run for a Gift Edition (and The Shining is a book that almost all King fans put in their Top 10), so I think this will definitely be one of those Gift Editions that goes up in value soon after publication.

I personally wouldn't wait to buy one on the secondary market down the road, but that's just my opinion.

Brian

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tippy, seems you lost 20 bucks.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does SubPress charge immediately or do they wait until they ship?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Does SubPress charge immediately or do they wait until they ship?
    They charge right away.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know how many they have left? I don't see it on the website.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Does anyone know how many they have left? I don't see it on the website.
    41, You can tell by adding a number of them to your basket and if you go over it won't let you proceed

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty pissed off at Subterranean Press right now. When this book was announced I contacted William and told him I'm a retailer and I'd like to know if I'd get a discount for multiple orders. He told me that I could have a 30% discount only on gift editions (Cemetery Dance allowed me to purchase S/L with the discount as well...). I agreed and started promoting the book. I got 17 copies sold, of which I purchased 15. The last two were sold last week when we made a final push before it's sold out. Today I contact William and asked him to send me the invoice for the two copies + S/H to Argentina including the retailers discount. He replies "At this moment we only sell to customers".

IMHO, this is BULLSHIT. It's BAD BUSINESS. If you grant a retailer discount and the store is advertising your book and get copies sold, you should define for how long that discount runs and TELL THAT to the store. If not, I'm using my resources and LOSING money for the orders I get. Today I had for breakfast that I'll lose money for those two copies. Luckily I didn't have to order more.

This is not the first time I have issues with Subterranean Press. Sometimes they don't reply e-mails, I was never able to get the S/H cost of NOS4A2 S/L to Argentina and I can't remember what happened with SK Goes to the movies but I remember I had to complain about my order as well.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. He should honor the terms that he agreed on.

John

Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast