Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John, is your order through the US or UK site? I thought in another post you said your order was through forbiddenplanet and not the nsfs one. I ordered through forbiddenplanet and then through nsfs. I just left my order with FP, I might find use for having two copies of the standard edition. I've been billed for the US order but not the UK order.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I got a confirmation email but my credit card has not yet been charged.

John

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It was through the UK site.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

My order for the S/L was through the NSFS site, which I have been charged for. I have a copy of the standard edition trough Forbidden Planet for which I have not been charged yet.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Strands of the hair on his head, I think.

John
    Thanks
    Spoiler:
    I think he references that his hair has gone gray, but he colors it black... I think... It's been a while now, but I'm sure someone can clarify!
    Correct.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful sunny day here in Scotland. Just about to go and sit out back with a large coffee and start Joyland.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Waiting on my copy to arrive. Driving to Ramstein tomorrow and may hit up the bookstore at the BX.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

From a collectors point of view JOYLAND 1st edition has to be the worst 1st edition ever. Not that any 1st in the past 20 years have any value but at least they had some collectors value. This book has nothing going for it to distinguish it from say the 20th edition unless they make a price change down the line & I don't think that will happen any time soon. We could at least try to find a 1st U.K. edition BUT NO! every copy is priced for U.S.A.,U.K. & Canada. An anyone who pays full price is a FOOL they are discounted everywhere. The only way this book will have any value is GET IT SIGNED & dated SOON . At least The Colorado Kid had a First Publication Anywhere banner on the 1st editions NO SUCH LUCK HERE. Thankfully there is a S/L & ONLY 750 of those. That one will go up in value fast & will hold its value.IMHO

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    From a collectors point of view JOYLAND 1st edition has to be the worst 1st edition ever. Not that any 1st in the past 20 years have any value but at least they had some collectors value. This book has nothing going for it to distinguish it from say the 20th edition unless they make a price change down the line & I don't think that will happen any time soon. We could at least try to find a 1st U.K. edition BUT NO! every copy is priced for U.S.A.,U.K. & Canada. An anyone who pays full price is a FOOL they are discounted everywhere. The only way this book will have any value is GET IT SIGNED & dated SOON . At least The Colorado Kid had a First Publication Anywhere banner on the 1st editions NO SUCH LUCK HERE. Thankfully there is a S/L & ONLY 750 of those. That one will go up in value fast & will hold its value.IMHO
    I kinda have to agree. I'm anxiously awaiting the UK S/L myself. I have only purchased a "reading copy" so far. FWIW, I'm halfway through the story and so far, real good!!! Shame it didn't get better "publication treatment" IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

I kinda have to agree. I'm anxiously awaiting the UK S/L myself. I have only purchased a "reading copy" so far. FWIW, I'm halfway through the story and so far, real good!!! Shame it didn't get better "publication treatment" IMHO
    How much better can it get for a PULP NOIR NOVEL?
    Spoiler:
    FULL PAGE ADS

AND NO FUCKING EBOOK ....HOORAY FOR THE PRINTED PAGE

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, for "King" I would have expected more, but I guess I get the "give back" idea. I really hope my S/L order went all the way through!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe they'll put a number line on the copyright page for subsequent printings. If they do, that will be an adequate indication of a first printing. I can't remember seeing a number line on Colorado Kid, though. Of course, I really never looked.

John

Maybe they'll put a number line on the copyright page for subsequent printings. If they do, that will be an adequate indication of a first printing. I can't remember seeing a number line on Colorado Kid, though. Of course, I really never looked.

John
    As far as I know they just did away with the banner.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are all the limited editions sold out now?

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The limited to 1500 is still available.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

There were over a million copies printed of both HCC books. Every existing copy of The Colorado Kid is a first printing, and there are no plans to do more. The same is likely true with Joyland.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bev.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    There were over a million copies printed of both HCC books. Every existing copy of The Colorado Kid is a first printing, and there are no plans to do more. The same is likely true with Joyland.
    Same in France, there was only 1 printing of COLORADO KID... although it was definitely a smaller print
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, it was a very good read. I felt it had a very 11/22/63 feel to it. As King said about that one, it's a sentimental book and I felt the same about this one. Very touching story about characters you can care about.
    He dropped a couple clues that I picked up on and figured out who did it long before it was revealed. This is something I seldom do, I don't like to ruin it for myself and prefer to get the 'ah-ha' moment but it happened this time. Great book, nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    What an incredible book filled with emotion, one of King's best imo

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the book, and read it in about five days.

It made me long for my 20s.

I don't see this one becoming a movie...just don't think it would translate.

I think my only complaint was the relationship between Jonesy and Annie & Mike seemed a little too friendly a little too fast...other than that I enjoyed the read.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone received shipping info on the S/N copies yet? Or am I a day early?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not yet, it is today though. I came here to check too. I'll post if I get one.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

An update from Charles Ardai about the shipping status of the Limited Edition:

"As far as I know, yes, the limited editions should be shipping today (or maybe even arriving in people's hands today), but Chris and Tim would be the ones who could say this for sure. I do know they've been printed, since I've gotten my copies."

I'll let you know if the other staffers who were on the email have additional updates, but it sounds like we'll be seeing them very soon!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just checked. Haven't heard anything and haven't been charged as yet. Order is still showing as "processing" on the Forbidden Planet site.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rainet is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    An update from Charles Ardai about the shipping status of the Limited Edition:

"As far as I know, yes, the limited editions should be shipping today (or maybe even arriving in people's hands today), but Chris and Tim would be the ones who could say this for sure. I do know they've been printed, since I've gotten my copies."

I'll let you know if the other staffers who were on the email have additional updates, but it sounds like we'll be seeing them very soon!

Brian
    Any chance will CD make custom slipcases for the S/L of Joyland? This is my very first S/L. Would be very nice to see a slipcase for it.

Another update from a staffer at Titan:

"The books will be shipped out this week, and I'm sure all will be delighted with them!"

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast