Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 714 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 495 545 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,125 of 17831

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Brice - I kinda assumed the rest of the book will be awesome, as when stuff that has happened already is so early on in the piece, I can only imagine what is instore for the finale!

I think I'll be having a break after book 3 too. I've had so many recommendations for books by authors I've never read, so I really should finally pick one and experience something new...
    Yes, I am finally reading new stuff again too since I got that big lot of books in.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Jean's fantastic Rosemary's Baby comparison...though comments will have to wait.
    : waiting bears :

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Brice - I kinda assumed the rest of the book will be awesome, as when stuff that has happened already is so early on in the piece, I can only imagine what is instore for the finale!

I think I'll be having a break after book 3 too. I've had so many recommendations for books by authors I've never read, so I really should finally pick one and experience something new...
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that maybe you were responding to me rather than to Brice...?

I figure GRRM took years between books and the series isn't done yet, so I'm trying to slow down my progress in order to shorten my personal wait for the next book yet to be released.

Ruthful, you're doing a DT re-read also as the others? I didn't realize so many people here where doing that simultaneously. Cool.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

James and Patrick - you are stronger than I was. I devoured all five Song Of Ice And Fire books in three months and now all I can do is wait... and wait... and wish I'd taken a bit more time to savour the experience

I'm also dreading the re-reads I will have to do before #6 and #7 come out...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Patrick - Yes you are right sorry, I was so responding to your comment lol!

Yes I heard he had taken some time between some of the novels, and so good point re slowing down as not to catch up too quick...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    James and Patrick - you are stronger than I was. I devoured all five Song Of Ice And Fire books in three months and now all I can do is wait... and wait... and wish I'd taken a bit more time to savour the experience
    I've been in the middle of the first volume for ages, and am afraid that's where I will remain...

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Really didn't think much of it then, Jean?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know. I know I liked some parts while I was reading, but have never thought of it one single moment since I put it down. I might try again, but if I find out I totally forgot everything and have to start anew, I'll have to abandon it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am always in a perpetual DT reread.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Isn't that usually the way it goes?

Now all you can do is join the rest of us while we wait with anxious hands and minds...

Country
    Country Flag

reading: The Andromeda Strain

(62% in)

Loving it!!! This is soooo not my genre, and the topic is something I am totally not interested in, and the way it is written isn't what I would have ever expected I'd enjoy, but it's so fucking good, it's fascinating!

have just gotten to this priceless moment

Spoiler:
    when Hall tries to coax the computer into allowing him blood gases analysis:

The Computer responded stubbornly.
    PATIENT HISTORY PREFERABLE TO LABORATORY ANALYSES
    Hall typed in: "Patient comatose."
    The computer seemed to consider this, and then flashed back:
    PATIENT MONITORS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH COMA -- EEG SHOWS ALPHA WAVES DIAGNOSTIC OF SLEEP
    "I'll be damned," Hall said.
    <...>

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

Awesome! Love that you're loving my suggestion Crichton really is a great writer. You should have no trouble going his entire bibliography. Always fascinating stuff.

I assume you're reading on your Kindle? How does it handle the graphs and printouts in the book I showed you before?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only read Jurassic Park and Sphere by Crichton, and they are both in my all time favorite novels list. I love his style.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

Awesome! Love that you're loving my suggestion Crichton really is a great writer. You should have no trouble going his entire bibliography. Always fascinating stuff.

I assume you're reading on your Kindle? How does it handle the graphs and printouts in the book I showed you before?
    alas, it doesn't!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish you had a hard copy. It's all part of the experience.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Lost World is my favourite Chrichton novel. I've a hardcover book that contains his works: Andromeda Strain, The Terminal Man, Great Train Robbery. Will read them at some point, I enjoy Crichton.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

(62% in)

Loving it!!! This is soooo not my genre, and the topic is something I am totally not interested in, and the way it is written isn't what I would have ever expected I'd enjoy, but it's so fucking good, it's fascinating!

have just gotten to this priceless moment

Spoiler:
    when Hall tries to coax the computer into allowing him blood gases analysis:

The Computer responded stubbornly.
    PATIENT HISTORY PREFERABLE TO LABORATORY ANALYSES
    Hall typed in: "Patient comatose."
    The computer seemed to consider this, and then flashed back:
    PATIENT MONITORS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH COMA -- EEG SHOWS ALPHA WAVES DIAGNOSTIC OF SLEEP
    "I'll be damned," Hall said.
    <...>
    Love this book! You should check out Jurassic Park next.
    I'd also recommend The Hot Zone. Sorry can't think of the author off the top of my head, but it's another really good one with a similar theme.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I've only read Jurassic Park and Sphere by Crichton, and they are both in my all time favorite novels list. I love his style.
    Have you not read The Lost World? I highly recommend it. And it's nothing like the horrible movie, so don't let that taint your view.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I have downloaded a whole lot of Crichton books, and fully intend to read all of them NOW

pablo: I too am sorry that I can't see the graphs and things, but I can't wait for years now that I have the texts right in front of me!!

Country
    Country Flag

Keep us updated on your Crichton progress, Jean. He's my second-favorite author. Would love to read your overall thoughts when you've finished The Andromeda Strain.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Lost World is my favourite Chrichton novel. I've a hardcover book that contains his works: Andromeda Strain, The Terminal Man, Great Train Robbery. Will read them at some point, I enjoy Crichton.
    The Andromada Strain and Prey are the two that I've been wanting to read from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Have you not read The Lost World? I highly recommend it. And it's nothing like the horrible movie, so don't let that taint your view.
    No, not yet. I fully intend to do so though. I want to have all of the Jurassic Park novels under my belt.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read a few Crichton books (including ANDROMEDA STRAIN and JURRASIC PARK) and enjoyed them all. All this discussion is making me think I should pick up some more of his writing.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I've read a few Crichton books (including ANDROMEDA STRAIN and JURRASIC PARK) and enjoyed them all. All this discussion is making me think I should pick up some more of his writing.
    SPHERE.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Read Andromeda Strain (excellent) Prey and Timeline. Never read Jurassic Park, Sphere or Lost World. I think I might have read a few more of his but not sure. Looking at his list of books Im not sure what I read and what movie I saw.
    reality continues to ruin my life

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    TN: So do you recommend DANSE MACABRE? I own an old paperback copy, but have never read it.
    Im about half way through now. I read this book back in the 80s - some of it I remember very well but some not at all. Seems the driest parts - the parts where he sounds like an (boring) English teacher - are the parts I blanked out. Regardless, his down to earth tell it like it is sense of humor and his unique ability to talk TO you not AT you (at least when hes not being English Teacheresque) makes it an enjoyable read. That and the fact that Ive seen almost all the movies and read most of the books he talks about so can immediately digest his viewpoint (even if I dont agree with it).
    There are definite ho hum yawn parts (page fillers?) but the parts I DO like far out-weigh the parts I dont. But thats just me so not sure I would necessary recommend it unless you are definitely into reading nonfiction diction about the horror genre...
    reality continues to ruin my life

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Neverwinter by R.A. Salvatore. I'm getting read for the newest Drizzt novel, Charon's Claw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 714 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 495 545 ... LastLast