Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Sleep-The Shining II

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Gunslinger was released as a limited press I believe.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    The Gunslinger was released as a limited press I believe.
    I believe you are correct, Matt!! At least as far as my feeble brain can remember!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Considering the suspicious silence of Cemetery Dance about any new King book or related in 2012, I BET they'll be making the S/L.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

So there IS a S/L.

...Ari said so, and he is willing to put money on it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Wasn't there another post there by King prior to that Bev?
    Yes, he posted while on his Insomnia tour. I have a photograph somewhere taken while he was sitting at the Cornell bookstore computer making the post. You can read it here
    Speaking of Usenet, Terry Pratchett was (maybe still is) extremely prolific on various newsgroups. I wonder if his posts will ever be collected and published. That would certainly be a unique and interesting book.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IMO...I prefer CD to do the limited if its going to be done. I think it would be more affordable.

towerguard herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Wasn't there another post there by King prior to that Bev?
    Yes, he posted while on his Insomnia tour. I have a photograph somewhere taken while he was sitting at the Cornell bookstore computer making the post. You can read it here
    Speaking of Usenet, Terry Pratchett was (maybe still is) extremely prolific on various newsgroups. I wonder if his posts will ever be collected and published. That would certainly be a unique and interesting book.
    Off topic : i recently saw his documentary "choosing to die"... it makes one think...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Here's what he said (I hate that background on the site--it's very hard to read):

<< November 21, 1996

Gentle Readers:
    It's reached my attention that there's been a fair degree of pissing and moaning about the Wizard and Glass booklet which comes with a dual purchase of Desperation and The Regulators. I swear to God, some of you guys could die and go to heaven and then complain that you had booked a double occupancy room, and where the hell is the sauna, anyway? The major complaints seem to be coming from people who have already bought both books. Those of you who bought the double-pack got the light, right? A freebie. So whatcha cryin' about?
    The booklet was my idea, not the publisher's--a little extra for people who wanted to buy both books after supplies of the famous "Keep You Up All Night" light ran out. If you expect to get the booklet IN ADDITION to the light, all I can say is sorry, Cholly, but there may not be enough booklets to go around. If you bought the two books separately, because there weren't any gift packs left (they sold faster than expected, which is how this booklet deal came up in the first place), go back to where you bought them, tell the dealer what happened, show him/her your proof of (separate) purchase, and they'll take care of you. If they get wise witcha, tell 'em Steve King said that was the deal.
    If you're just jacked because you want to read the first two chapters of Wizard and Glass, wait until the whole thing comes out. Or put it on your T.S. List and give it to the chaplain. In any case, those of you who are yelling and stamping your feet, please stop. If you're old enough to read, you're old enough to behave. STEVE KING >>
    <Edit> Sorry--I didn't read the next page of posts when I posted the above.

John
    "If you're old enough to read, you're old enough to behave."

Love it.

I will definitely be using that quote on my kids.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Here's what he said (I hate that background on the site--it's very hard to read):

<< November 21, 1996

Gentle Readers:
    It's reached my attention that there's been a fair degree of pissing and moaning about the Wizard and Glass booklet which comes with a dual purchase of Desperation and The Regulators. I swear to God, some of you guys could die and go to heaven and then complain that you had booked a double occupancy room, and where the hell is the sauna, anyway? The major complaints seem to be coming from people who have already bought both books. Those of you who bought the double-pack got the light, right? A freebie. So whatcha cryin' about?
    The booklet was my idea, not the publisher's--a little extra for people who wanted to buy both books after supplies of the famous "Keep You Up All Night" light ran out. If you expect to get the booklet IN ADDITION to the light, all I can say is sorry, Cholly, but there may not be enough booklets to go around. If you bought the two books separately, because there weren't any gift packs left (they sold faster than expected, which is how this booklet deal came up in the first place), go back to where you bought them, tell the dealer what happened, show him/her your proof of (separate) purchase, and they'll take care of you. If they get wise witcha, tell 'em Steve King said that was the deal.
    If you're just jacked because you want to read the first two chapters of Wizard and Glass, wait until the whole thing comes out. Or put it on your T.S. List and give it to the chaplain. In any case, those of you who are yelling and stamping your feet, please stop. If you're old enough to read, you're old enough to behave. STEVE KING >>

John

Love it.

Will they receive it via twitter, or an iPhone app?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

<< November 21, 1996

Gentle Readers:

John

Love it.

Will they receive it via twitter, or an iPhone app?
    Text message.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A truer ideal I don't think I have ever heard in today's Facebook world.

I'll sic the Library Police on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    And it's not even SK who really makes this decision...I'm sure he COULD if he cared, but I bet it's the publishers dealing with each other and SK gets an approval to sign off on after the deal's been made.
    Actually, in my experience, it never reaches the "publishers dealing with each other" stage until King gives his okay for the possibility of a Limited Edition of a particular title by a particular press.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Oh dear. I found the link for that interview here: http://www.liljas-library.com/showinterview.php?id=36

He also said:

They are releasing Secretary of Dreams now and Frank Darabont is really high on the idea of doing a limited edition of The Mist. I don’t like them, I don’t like them. I think they are books for rich people and they’re elitist and the whole idea of limiteds… there’s something wrong with it, you know. The idea that people want a book that they can kind of drool over or masturbate on, I don’t know what it is they want with these things but it’s like they get this book and it’s this beautiful thing and they go like, “Don’t touch it, don’t… oh God it’s worth a thousand dollars, he signed it”

I kinda wish I hadn't read that.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I try to avoid drooling on, or masturbating on my books. Yes that was a petty comment by King.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Petty, but then he's the one getting chased down outside bathrooms....everybody's got their hand out...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Petty, but then he's the one getting chased down outside bathrooms....everybody's got their hand out...
    Kinda comes with the money IMHO. Does it get old after awhile? sure, but go amd take that fame away and I bet it doesn't feel very good either!!! LOL

Funny how I never recall hearing ballplayers complaining about the constant autograph's? Weird. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ballplayers can be the worst. Barry Bonds makes King look like a prince (actually King is pretty cool considering all things).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Ballplayers can be the worst. Barry Bonds makes King look like a prince (actually King is pretty cool considering all things).
    Barry Bonds should not be signing anything!!!! Need I say more? LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Kinda comes with the money IMHO. Does it get old after awhile? sure, but go amd take that fame away and I bet it doesn't feel very good either!!! LOL

Funny how I never recall hearing ballplayers complaining about the constant autograph's? Weird. LOL
    Eh...I've never been a believer in the "comes with the money" argument. Nobody owes anybody anything except the product the money is for - if you go to a game, you get to see them play, if you buy a book, you get to read the book....but the rest of it is really at the celebrities discretion. I've asked for an autograph outside of an official signing I think about half-dozen times, and I've never felt especially proud of myself...

The WORST was Johnny Bench.

The best were Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, with Rudy Giiuliani up there too (except for his angry, coiled dark rage that clearly lurked below his bald, misshapen head). But - politicians are the opposite, and I think they DO owe people an autograph.

Ugh...off-topic.

I hope Grant gets this book...they can do a multi-book set with The Shining unsigned and Dr. Sleep signed.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Eh...I've never been a believer in the "comes with the money" argument. Nobody owes anybody anything except the product the money is for - if you go to a game, you get to see them play, if you buy a book, you get to read the book....but the rest of it is really at the celebrities discretion. I've asked for an autograph outside of an official signing I think about half-dozen times, and I've never felt especially proud of myself...

The WORST was Johnny Bench.

The best were Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, with Rudy Giiuliani up there too (except for his angry, coiled dark rage that clearly lurked below his bald, misshapen head). But - politicians are the opposite, and I think they DO owe people an autograph.

Ugh...off-topic.

I hope Grant gets this book...they can do a multi-book set with The Shining unsigned and Dr. Sleep signed.
    I hear ya. Two schools of thought I guess with neither one entirely wrong...
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Right...I obviously like signed books, and DO think SK should do signings, etc...but I do feel for any celebrity that gets barraged outside 'official' events.

So I really think SK needs to let Jerad do the Shining limited that he proposed...obviously, it's a work of art that shows his respect for the book and the creative energy...seriously, what more does SK want? Another boring limited like Borderlands 5?

Since he doesn't seem to be going that direction, then Grant's my second choice. Bottom line, I think SK has now created a market that these publishers do depend on a little bit. How's that for vascillation? Haha...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If Grant does it, only the people with TWTTK would get it. Not cool.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Right...I obviously like signed books, and DO think SK should do signings, etc...but I do feel for any celebrity that gets barraged outside 'official' events.

So I really think SK needs to let Jerad do the Shining limited that he proposed...obviously, it's a work of art that shows his respect for the book and the creative energy...seriously, what more does SK want? Another boring limited like Borderlands 5?

Since he doesn't seem to be going that direction, then Grant's my second choice. Bottom line, I think SK has now created a market that these publishers do depend on a little bit. How's that for vascillation? Haha...
    No. good point. In his owm way he helps to keep the economy going, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Rahfa's perspective about signings.

I'd like to see Jerad get the nod for THE SHINING limited edition, but if not him, then I think that DMG or CD would do a fine job. Maybe even Sub Press.

As far as whether DMG would have an allocation process that is "unfair" relative to any other publisher's process, that would remain to be seen. What's worse is the publishers who have no real plan, then completely muck up the process because they weren't prepared for the crush of the demand.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have not been able to get Tony's posted link to work. Does anyone know the date that King made those comments?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast