Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 332 of 714 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 382 432 ... LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 17831

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, don't we, though.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rage
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I値l be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Speaking of which, I think I'll read Carrie again. Love that book.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Demon-Haunted World.

Yet another book that makes me terribly depressed and ashamed of being American. I wish I could just redo my entire education... in another country.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What, like England?

You should watch This Is England for an example of how "tolerant" our country can be, sometimes. It's not just America that can make you feel ashamed: every country can, if you know where to look.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in a reading slump again. I think it's because I'm trying to read something really heavy when I have alot of other projects on the go. Maybe time to reread Pratchett or something light hearted to get me back into it...

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Started to read The Book Thief because my lovely girlfriend recommended it!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What's it about and are you enjoying it?

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    What, like England?

You should watch This Is England for an example of how "tolerant" our country can be, sometimes. It's not just America that can make you feel ashamed: every country can, if you know where to look.
    I watched Harry Brown yesterday. Kickass.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post

Me too! I read it earlier this year. I'm working my way through all of King's books (mostly) in order. I had to go back though because I forgot the Bachman Books.

I'm now reading The Long Walk.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post

Me too! I read it earlier this year. I'm working my way through all of King's books (mostly) in order. I had to go back though because I forgot the Bachman Books.

I'm now reading The Long Walk.
    Cool beans!

I'm looking for Regulators at the moment. I want to read it and Desperation back to back.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I've read them both separately several times, but I'm not sure if I've read them back to back since they came out. Back then I zoomed through them both in two days.

If you rescue me

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I did that the last time I reread them. I will say it was a tiny bit distracting at first because some of the characters change, and I was still picturing them as they were in Desperation. But I loved it because you're able to pick up on all the little connections between the two. I think the first time I read them about a year apart, so I didn't see how similar they really were.

Brice :thumbup: The Long Walk is one of my absolute favs.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love The Long Walk and I realize few will feel the same as me, but Rage is my favorite of The Bachman Books.

If you rescue me

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I still haven't read Rage...
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You MUST!

If you rescue me

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I still haven't read Rage...
    I have, but might as well not have done

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is definitely not a bear's sort of story, imo.

If you rescue me

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Right. Not a bears' sort of story, writing, character development, plausibility, logic or overall impression

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

On this I fear Bears and Brices may never agree.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

there's also ACO, Spielberg, and Tarantino

but the things brices and bears do agree on are more important for bears

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very true! I am less enthusiastic about Spielberg though I've certainly loved some of his movies.

...and they are important to Brices. In fact the things we disagree on are equally important because though I may not agree with your opinions they offer new insights.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of doing what Brice is doing and rereading all my King in between all the other books I have. I'm doing mine alphabetically, though. The next one up will be Misery.

Also, I totally recommend reading Desperation and The Regulators back to back. I did it awhile back and you really do get a lot more out of it.

Also yes, if you have not read The Long Walk, absolutely do - it's one of King's best stories, IMHO.

And if you can get a copy of Rage, that's also a great story. It's too bad King took that one out of print.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If I could make ANY King story into a film RAGE would be it.

Anyone can get the story if they're willing to look a bit more.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure the paperback is around - I've had mine forever but I'd bet a quick search around Abe's would turn up a copy or two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 332 of 714 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 382 432 ... LastLast