Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 714 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 421 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 17831

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Traveler Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum? is on a distinguished road Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum?'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Re-Reading The Dark Tower Series.

I'm at the third book, The Wastelands

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Atlas Shrugged. After talking about it I had to read it again.
    You've read it before ?! How is it ? It's been on my to-read list for a long time but I always end up picking up something else instead.
    Read it a bunch of times. IDK if you'll like it. I like it, but I skim/skip all the very heavy preachy stuff.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Currently reading The Exorcist. I'm only about a third of the way in but I love it so far!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Currently reading The Exorcist. I'm only about a third of the way in but I love it so far!
    I just finished The Exorcist, and loved it!
    I spent all but the first chapter slapping my forehead wondering why I had never read the book before...DOH! I missed out on years of rereads of an awesome thriller!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    I just started reading Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz. It's my first Koontz book. I think I like it so far, I'm not really far enough into it to know yet though. It's funny-ish and seems interesting. Any opinions?
    i love the Odd Thomas books, its quite consistant in the humour.

Currently reading One door from Heaven Dean Koontz

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I just finished The Exorcist, and loved it!
    I spent all but the first chapter slapping my forehead wondering why I had never read the book before...DOH! I missed out on years of rereads of an awesome thriller!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Darkness On The Edge Of Town-Brian Keene
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice boq is on a distinguished road boq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still working my way through Harry Potter. Almost finished Goblet of Fire... can't believe how attached I've become to the characters. Spent a busy day today catching up on the first three movies. Found them pretty enjoyable too, and fairly true to the books.

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by boq View Post
    Still working my way through Harry Potter. Almost finished Goblet of Fire... can't believe how attached I've become to the characters. Spent a busy day today catching up on the first three movies. Found them pretty enjoyable too, and fairly true to the books.
    I have yet to read any of the books. Have seen a couple of the movies though (not sure which ones, my buddy got me into them). I was surprised how much i enjoyed them though. One of those things I didn't want to experience just because of the hype.

Currently reading The Drawing of the Three. Also have a strong temptation to start reading The Stand (would be my first read through). Not sure if i should wait until i'm done with the Dark Tower or just read both at the same time. Any advice?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say if it's your first reading of TDT hold off till you're done for the stand.

The HP books are light years beyond the movies.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

deadohsky: how do you mean, first reading of The Stand?

::shocked::

just drop everything, I repeat everything, and read The Stand now

Seriously, it will enrich your further Dark Tower experience, too

ETA: What Brice said, concerning both the Stand and HP

Country
    Country Flag

'Embarassed' lol. Being honest, it is (would) my first read through of The Stand and of The Dark Tower.

I have had the books for a while (four years since my father passed; he was protective [understandably so] while he was alive) but i have yet to read them through. I won't make excuses for not reading them. I have just gotten ('REALLY') back into reading recently. The majority of my library (see signature) is Stephen King. I have read a number of them [The Shining, The Green Mile, Misery, Christine, Apt Pupil, etc.] Just now getting into the 'heavier' stuff. Please forgive lol, i'm still young lol.

Just curious if it would be advantageous to finish The Dark Tower before I start The Stand, or if it matters that much. I know they are connected.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally I'd say go ahead and read The Dark Tower, but others I'm sure will disagree.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

looks like he hasn't even read It

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    looks like he hasn't even read It
    I have read It. Just omitted it for whatever reason. lol

Country
    Country Flag

::sigh of relief::

I hope you've already started The Stand, while we were talking?...

Country
    Country Flag

Around 75 pages in... Amazing, obviously, so far. Should i concentrate on The Stand and finish The Dark Tower, after?

Country
    Country Flag

I would say yes.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. By the way, that IS the Uncut version of The Stand you're reading, right? If not, get that one!

John

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't even ask him... I assumed it was the Uncut!

::worried::

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I still have yet to finish The Stand

Country
    Country Flag

now, how can that be? what have you been doing instead???

Reading other books

But at this point it's been so long that I'm going to need to go back and read the whole thing.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last night ...

It was a decent read, but not the contemporary masterpiece that I was expecting or many were claiming it was.

We should have a 'Rate the last book you read' thread ...

Are you going to watch the movie now Feev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 714 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 421 ... LastLast