Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Will You Take The Swine Flu Vaccine When It Becomes Available?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 25.00%
  • No

33 63.46%
  • Undecided

6 11.54%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu Vaccine

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

faer it's all fear based propagandaIMO

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

My last comment was meant towards more serious and more validated and certainly fatal diseases. I'm not convinced the swine flu is one of these yet.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

last spring my school district was the first place for the N1H1
    to show up in the country and we were the first district to close...
    we were closed for two weeks.
    i got extremely sick for about ten days so
    i'm pretty sure i got *something* but i have heard too
    many times from people that do get the shot
    that it made them sick...
    they acted like it was just something that you have to
    go through to be protected..
    and i'm like wtf are you talking about?
    it made you SICK!? you get it so you DON"T get sick right?
    whatever.
    i do not volunteer for SHOTS. they fucking HURT!

i don't donate blood either... it's just not for me
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the flu shot today (the standard one). It really didn't hurt at all.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got tested for the flu today. That was a precautionary measure just to make sure I didn't have it since I was in the dr.'s office due to illness. My wife just restarted chemo treatments and does NOT need to be around someone with the flu. After having had that damn test, I'd much rather just get the damn shot. They ran a swab into my sinus cavity via my nose and it hurt like hell. It hurt even thirty minutes afterward, and believe me that when I say it hurt you can bet on it.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

'til the end of the world rosie real is on a distinguished road rosie real's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I KNOW! seriously, they may as well just do a fucking brain biopsy while they are there right?

. . . but i'm paralyzed with not caring very much.
    ~ spike

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I do black market flu shots for extra money. I just inject people with bodily fluids of random sick people.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

3 people have the swine flu that work at wendy's. They're off work the next three days. Let's hope it doesn't spread anymore in our work place though!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    3 people have the swine flu that work at wendy's. They're off work the next three days. Let's hope it doesn't spread anymore in our work place though!
    Fast food employees with swine flu? Yikes.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Along the Path of the Beam RoseMadder is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

heheh OK, You guys will get this! I play this game, and on it I use the screen name Captain Trips ( just cause I am paranoid it doesn't mean they aren't out to get me ) but I had this guy, almost 30, asked me why I picked that name, briefly I said superflu..he replied back " you mean that swine stuff ? Why would you pick such an awful name..?" But angrier ya know? Karmically I know it isn't a good thing and that eventually I will pay for it but this fool.well he was special. I told him before the name swine flu or H1n1 was released, the government name for the influenza was " Project Blue " and it was released and spread from one guy named Campion from some secret military bio-warfare lab somewhere in California. Then I said DON'T YOU WATCH FOX NEWS?!?!? and the whole time I was laughing so hard it hurt my face and just waiting for him to say hey wait a minute...but the thing is, he didn't. He said " woah, holy fuck does the government know?" I naturally replied that of course they did, it was their project in the first place...so, sad yes. But was the absolute highlight of my entire week that week. Aww that is even sadder...I eventually told him I was kidding, that it was just a really good book. His reply? " Sounds like the worst book ever " My reply in return? Don't be such a pussy, you blathering idiot..it's a book. Strangely enough we haven't talked since..
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always
    worked for me."
    "Bill Clinton does not inhale marijuana, right? You bet. Like I chew on LSD but I don't
    swallow it.'" Hunter S Thompson

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Fast food employees with swine flu? Yikes.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. And not just for customers coming through, but the people cramped in our TINY store being infected and then spreading it to their family and friends? Let's hope it is done spreading. :$

Not cool, at all. I certainly don't want it.

And yes, the Stand is one of the best books ever. I think it's hysterical you got him going!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Doc says this is what I am suffering through (I question this.) I must say I've had worse flu bugs but none so everlasting!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RoseMadder View Post
    My reply in return? Don't be such a pussy, you blathering idiot..it's a book. Strangely enough we haven't talked since..

Yes...strange. LOL

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I think its all being blown out of proportion...

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I must agree. It's funny how my doc just assumed I had H1N1. No proof whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I do black market flu shots for extra money. I just inject people with bodily fluids of random sick people.

so, how exactly do you collect these "fluids" ?

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Umm...Tamez? This is Jon. Do you REALLY want to know that?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am a little late on this subject, but yes, I am getting the H1N1 shot. I am already vaccinated against the regular flu as are my 2yo and 7mo. The 7yo and 10yo will be on Saturday.

I have asthma (as does my 2yo). I have diminished lung capacity DUE to said asthma. When I get sick, I don't fool around. I also don't breathe. So, if there is a shot that can even lessen the severity of my being sick, then sign me up. And does the vaccination guarantee to protect you from getting it, or lessening the severity of it? Cause I always thought it was just lessen the severity of it. Even in that case, sign me up.

Having grown up having pneumonia and bronchitis EVERY year twice a year, it sucks to be that sick!!!

And I won't get into the regular vaccine discussion, I don't have the time right now!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Umm...Tamez? This is Jon. Do you REALLY want to know that?
    yes

~ texts from last night

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok...Method #1 - I dig through their trash first and collect used tissues. I remove all of the edges of the tissues...add warm water to make a slurry.

Method #2 - I dress as a vampire and pretend to bite them on the neck but instead of canine teeth I have placed #10 cardiac needles over my teeth...hooked to a catheter tube which leads to a catheter bag.

Method #3 - I dress in scrubs and pretend to be a nurse's aid at a nursing home (hospitals have too much security) then I collect emesis basins, sneak into the janitor's closet and empty the contents into a deflated "Get well" balloon from the gift shop.

Traveler murlodin is on a distinguished road murlodin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I must agree. It's funny how my doc just assumed I had H1N1. No proof whatsoever.
    The panic is growing, unfortunately, and several medics diagnose the flu without doing the tests. Usually, those who doesn't know about the disease, that's a shame...

Last week I was exposed to a patient who has AH1N1 (we didin't knew that 'cause she arrived with Acute Pulmonary Edema and had to save her). We were told two days after and then we had to take Tamiflú for 5 days. The patient's condition is bad, very bad. Over here I've seen several cases, but few and rare deaths because of it.

Don't panic, people. Just take precautions. And keep reading The Stand for more news hehe.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by murlodin View Post

Don't panic, people. Just take precautions. And keep reading The Stand for more news hehe.

:brog:

LOL

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Mistress View Post
    I am a little late on this subject, but yes, I am getting the H1N1 shot. I am already vaccinated against the regular flu as are my 2yo and 7mo. The 7yo and 10yo will be on Saturday.

I have asthma (as does my 2yo). I have diminished lung capacity DUE to said asthma. When I get sick, I don't fool around. I also don't breathe. So, if there is a shot that can even lessen the severity of my being sick, then sign me up. And does the vaccination guarantee to protect you from getting it, or lessening the severity of it? Cause I always thought it was just lessen the severity of it. Even in that case, sign me up.

Having grown up having pneumonia and bronchitis EVERY year twice a year, it sucks to be that sick!!!

And I won't get into the regular vaccine discussion, I don't have the time right now!
    I expect that we'll all be getting the vaccine in my house too.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Worried

Well my sister's whole house has it. Her husband and the four kids. They live an hour away and they've even shut down the schools in the area because of the prevalence of disease.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You may want to check this link out. http://educate-yourself.org/vcd/howe...s03feb07.shtml

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast