Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Will You Take The Swine Flu Vaccine When It Becomes Available?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 25.00%
  • No

33 63.46%
  • Undecided

6 11.54%

Thread: Swine Flu Vaccine

Hybrid View

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, ok...it's simple really. Drink a whole family sized bottle of Nyquil, Robitussin, whatever then crank the heat and get under a bunch of thick blankets. You'll likely hallucinate before you pass out, sleep extremely deeply, and sweat nearly any sickness out. You'll wake up feeling 90% normal...if a little hungover too. It probably isn't something a doctor would recommend (neither do I for that matter really), but for me it works almost every time.

Edit: If you're stupid enough to follow my lead on this one you wanna' be sure you don't have ANY thing you have to do in the near future. You may end up sleeping as long as a day or two. Oh, and this probably isn't entirely safe.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually Brice, this used to be how we were treated as kids. It was quite common to sweat out a fever. When I first checked in with pneumonia years back, I can safely say that would have killed me . I was running 104.9 temp and it took them 2.5 days to bring it down with lots of meds. After the fever was down around 101, the nurse told me she was there there on my first night, and she did not expect to see me when she returned.

High fevers and the bacterial pneumonia seems to be what is killing most that catch the swine flu. They also advise getting the pneumonia vaccine and I am lucky enough to already have that one. So if the fever doesn't kill me, maybe I'll survive a bout if I don't get the vaccine.