I will be getting it. I and my 3 yr old have also had the regular flu shots. Him two years, myself 4. I have not had the flu in years. I did have a very bad case of viral Pneumonia, that required two weeks of quarantine. Not fun at all. I may have to have my spleen removed soon, so I also have had the pneumonia vaccine, meningitis, and a 3rd I can't remember. Those three are needed without a spleen. I used to be very weary of vaccines in general, but I have done a good deal of reading about the swine flu shot. It seems to be doing good in trials, and since it was not rushed out to the public like last time, I feel a bit safer. We just had an 18 yr old nearby die from the swine flu. I have had 2 kids home for a week with flu/swine flu, not sure which. it was very scary thinking I could get it or my 3yr old. After reading a story of a man in New Zealand who was 34 and in very good health catching it. I made up my mind. This guy had no previous problems with the flu. He rode his bike miles each day. He had fever and cough for about 3 days before he moved his bed to the living room so he did not disturb his wife. On the 5th day he was much worse and the wife took him to the hospital. They had to put him in a 11 day induced coma and life support till they could get him better. He dropped 34 pounds and nearly died. His wife and 5 yr old were not infected. Given the randomness of this flu and how it seems to really be a luck of the draw on if you survive or not, I'll take my chances that the vaccine being made this go around, is a safer choice.