Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Posting pictures, links etc.

Hybrid View

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Posting pictures, links etc.

Gretchen did a nice job explaining how to post pictures, links, videos etc.
    How to: Add info in posts (links, pics, videos, etc.)
    When reading posts, it is much nicer to simply see a picture rather than have to click on a thumbnail of the image.
    Please host pictures rather than an attach thumbnails.
    If you have any additional questions please ask.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jerome - I'd forgotten all about that post!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn Gretchen, that is a great post! Nice job!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This makes sense!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default How do I put pics up here?

Sorry I had no idea where to put this.

Can someone please explain to me how to post pics in my posts here?

I went to the FAQ and no help there, don't see a place to make a album in my profile, when I do a new/reply post don't see the place to add an attachment. I am so lost, please help.

Have gone to flicker but still can't seem to figure out how to use it to put a pic in my posts. *sigh*

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hello Christine, I'll try to answer this.
    Go to the home page, and look on the left hand side
    of the page, it will be with the gallery. Look there is a
    upload photos thingy, see it? You can host all the photo's
    you want here, or at another site like photobucket etc...
    if you just want to add pics from a url click the little yellow
    box above in the quick reply box (its sort of in the center-
    and looks like it is a pic of mountains) from there you can
    see that a permission box pops up that will accept ther url.
    I hope my explaination helps you. I am the last person to
    ask about these things...
    There is a how to thread somewhere around called
    I think, ask the computer guy anything.
    with general q& a's that answer all kinds of questions
    Good luck with your project, and happy posting!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you so much. That is what I was looking for.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Sorry I had no idea where to put this.

Can someone please explain to me how to post pics in my posts here?

I went to the FAQ and no help there, don't see a place to make a album in my profile, when I do a new/reply post don't see the place to add an attachment. I am so lost, please help.

Have gone to flicker but still can't seem to figure out how to use it to put a pic in my posts. *sigh*
    For those of you that wonder, I posted this as a new thread and RF was kind enough to move it for me. I am not quite as dense as this would suggest if you didn't know that.

Country
    Country Flag

ok now to try it out...

Woo hoo it worked

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I managed to upload some pictures to my members gallery, now, how do I get them into a posting? Do I have to have a offsite website with my photos? Any helpful hints?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Right click over photo. Copy image location. Then paste the link in the Insert Image box (I think...)
    reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I managed to upload some pictures to my members gallery, now, how do I get them into a posting? Do I have to have a offsite website with my photos? Any helpful hints?
    Bring your image from the gallery up from the site. Right click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location"
    Go to the thread you wish to post in and once your comments are in, click on the 'Insert Image" icon. A box will appear, Patse the URL of the image (I usually just ControlV), click OK and then the image is there.
    Sounds harder than it is.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Like riding a bike. Once you do it, it never goes away.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

No one thinks you're dense, Christine, but nice disclaimer.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Guys, wouldn't it be easier to make this thread a sticky?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey it worked! I got confused because the picture does not show until I actually post. Thanks for the patience Mr. Flagg!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

The book is gorgeous, DoctorZaius

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Or move it into the "How to" section?

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We try to avoid sticking too many items as it is felt it clutters the top of the board.
    Putting the thread in the Collecting Tutorials is a good thought that will be taken under consideration.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The post Jerome linked in the first post on this thread is already in the "How To" section, but maybe it gets lost if there aren't posts. Since the directors don't want to sticky it, maybe one of us just needs to go in and bump it once in a while.

ETA: Looks like there's already a sticky on it but maybe because it's in The Dogan instead of Calvin's Corner??

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    ETA: Looks like there's already a sticky on it but maybe because it's in The Dogan instead of Calvin's Corner??
    Correct.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And so are your eyes! Thanks. The recent debate on wrapping has me thinking of opening this baby.

My Mood
    Twisted

Alas the eyes are not mine - just borrowed...

Country
    Country Flag

The Collector's Tutorial section is great. I have to admit I hadn't noticed it yet. That was my fault. I had just gotten so confused with how the board is organized I overlooked it. Thanks for pointing it out.

So I am a little dense. My husband refers to it as my "blond roots". And for those of you who met or saw me at the signing I am also still about 13 in my head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast