Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Darkthoughts

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome! I've not seen that particular Dali painting before.

Pickle, I'll go check my ebay account in a mo and give you his name I'm in Gloucestershire.

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you DT,

Ahh Gloucestershire, a lovely part of the country
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Another DT comic for the collection, different ebay seller - none of them seem to have the complete sets

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Lisa - What are you missing ( DT comics-wise )?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Lastly - for now ... - are my DT comics - had to rely on Ebay for those, none of the comic stores near me had them...)

Some more DT comics...

...these were very kindly sent to me by Patrick:

And from the lovely Wiz, a signed (by Jae Lee) #2 from the Treachery run:
    ... a few more comics for my DT collection:

These were from ebay too, all I need now to complete the Long Road Home run is #'s 4 and 5 and from Treachery #'s 5 and 6 (I've got #4 on it's way in the post)
    Another DT comic for the collection, different ebay seller - none of them seem to have the complete sets
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Lisa - What are you missing ( DT comics-wise )?
    Looks like she has all the standard issues released so far except TLRH #4 and #5.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, Patrick !

I'll check what I have and see how I can help out !

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers Patrick, I was meaning to do that

Pam, you are too kind - I'll have to peruse your collection and see if I can repay the favor

How often are the comics issued? Is it monthly? I take it Treachery #'s 5 and 6 are yet to come?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I believe so. I just found two different dates for Treachery.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Thanks, Patrick !

I'll check what I have and see how I can help out !

Cheers Patrick, I was meaning to do that

Pam, you are too kind - I'll have to peruse your collection and see if I can repay the favor

How often are the comics issued? Is it monthly? I take it Treachery #'s 5 and 6 are yet to come?
    Hey Lisa, do you have any of the promo stuff? I forget.

Yes, the issues come out about once a month until a story arc is finished, then sometimes there is a longer break in between.

Check out the great comic checklists that turtlex put together. They're in the Comic Tower. They give the expected release timeline.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Smoooooth plug!! I shall!

What promo stuff is that? Sketchbooks? I don't really go for them to be honest, I'm quite minimalist in my collecting habits.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Smoooooth plug!! I shall!

What promo stuff is that? Sketchbooks?
    Sketchbooks, postcards, bookmarks, other Marvel promotional material, that sort of thing.

I don't really go for them to be honest, I'm quite minimalist in my collecting habits.
    I... I... I feel like I hardly know you anymore.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just quite practical in that way I s'pose. Like, I like to have a good/the best edition of any book I've read and enjoyed because I will reread and keep them forever. But the promo stuff I don't really see any purpose to (unless it's a chapbook or something of that sort). I think you go for that sort of stuff if you're the kind of person who likes to have the entire collection of a given thing, or perhaps if you view your collection as an investment?

The only branching out I aim to do DT comics wise, is to get the almanacs, they look groovy!

My Mood
    Gay

Lisa - I'm pretty sure I can help you out with LRH 4 and 5.

Those are your only holes, yes?

You're not going for any of the variants, etc? I know it's a huge list of comic... shameless plug for the checklist.

My Mood
    Gay

I got you covered.

I should be able to go to the post office on Monday or Tuesday!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You're awesome I'm really excited that you could help too because I hold off on reading until I have the full run each time

If there's anything you ever think I could get hold of for you - let me know...maybe something from one of those UK comic cons

As for the variants, I considered it - because I liked the alternate covers and stuff - but I'll stick to the standard issues, because there are a couple of other comics I'm planning on collecting this year (like the newer Doom Patrol stuff) so I don't want to make it complicated for myself

What does everyone think of the one off's so far, like the End World Almanac? What sort of topics do they cover?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Thats pretty cool, I havent even the first comic yet that's me shamed

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Gay

You're awesome I'm really excited that you could help too because I hold off on reading until I have the full run each time

If there's anything you ever think I could get hold of for you - let me know...maybe something from one of those UK comic cons

As for the variants, I considered it - because I liked the alternate covers and stuff - but I'll stick to the standard issues, because there are a couple of other comics I'm planning on collecting this year (like the newer Doom Patrol stuff) so I don't want to make it complicated for myself

What does everyone think of the one off's so far, like the End World Almanac? What sort of topics do they cover?
    Glad to help out when I can. Might take you up on the UK comic con offer, my friend!

Oh, this is sorta goofy but this is the way that Marvel describes the Almanac : Woe unto those who traverse beyond the cursed Borderlands into End-World! ’Tis a twisted and desolate realm where it seems as if the world passed ages ago. From the blasted landscapes of Thunderclap to the frozen heights of Empathica, End-World shows no mercy to unwary young Gunslingers. In a world where information – and a bit of luck – is the key to survival, the End-World Almanac serves as your guide to the Badlands, Le Casse Roi Russe and beyond!

It's basically a sort of tour of End World, with drawning and descriptions, etc. Has some cool interpretations of animals, etc. I think it's pretty neato, myself. A nice accompanyment to the series.

Personally, I am really digging the variant covers. I love the different looks each have. Jae Lee does an AWESOME job with his covers - he's such an amazing talent, but some of the other books, they are so completely different, its just fun to collect them.

Some cool varients :
    The Lee Bermejo Variant ( my favorite comic cover to date - just awesome ):

Cool Copiel Variant :

Ron Garney Variant :

Another of my favorites, the Ferry Variant :

My Mood
    Gay

Comics go out in today's mail.
    No clue how long they take to cross the Atlantic, but they're on the way !

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It normaly takes about 5 to 10 working days
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really need to reorganize my comic collection! It's out of control!

Nice stuff here!!!! Your collection looks fab!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bill

Turtlex, I love those variant covers! I'd only seen the Copiel one before - I remember it sparked a big debate on here over it being too anime for some people's tastes

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Check it out!!

Seriously Pam, thank you so, soooo much!!

My Mood
    Gay

You are most welcome. Happy to help out. Glad they arrived okay.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And fast too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast