Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Goes to the Movies - Sub Press unsigned limited hardcover

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well..I didn't buy the Green Mile one...

I think I might step into this one.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

How did they do the Green Mile list? Was it a list at the end of the book of all those "exexcuted" in the prison?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    How did they do the Green Mile list? Was it a list at the end of the book of all those "exexcuted" in the prison?
    Yes. In the back of book six. The section is called "Those Who Walked The Green Mile"

I'm on page 114

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I gave in for this one. Although, I agree whole heartedly that this is no more than a gimmick to boost sales, I think its a pretty cool one.

I'm going to be another cop lost to the Roadmaster in "From a Buick 8" (one of my favourites, and a very underrated novel IMO), if anyone wants to be my "colleague", I'd be honoured to "work" with someone from this forum!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

But sorry...don't you have to be someone from the King movies?
    or can it be in a book?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

From Sub press site:
    When you order Stephen King Goes to the Movies, you can list yourself as an extra in any published short story or novel, filmed or not.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I would like to be Annie Wilkes's axe. Heh-Heh!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You don't get to chose anything other than which title you want to be in.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mmmm.

I'll choose between IT and The Dark Tower.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I don't even see the point of this book (limited or trade).
    Now, that I agree with. It just doesn't sound that interesting in concept. I dunno...

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually had the trade paperback pre-ordered for a while, so I was interested in what King had to say about some movies, and it will be new essays by King. So I was already interested.

But I agree this isn't an essential purchase, and as far as I know this will be the first collection by King that is previously collected material. Other authors do this all the time, Neil Gaiman come to mind immediately, with tales like the Troll Bridge being reprinted in 3 collections. So this is an oddity by King as he hasn't done this before.

The reason why I'm getting it is really because it will be a beautiful book. Sub Press uses two colors in their printing now, and their books have been gradually getting better in production values. Really I just want another shiny new book to put on the shelves. The new essays is just bonus.
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

The Secretary of Dreams are also before-published tales, although as comics and graphic format.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone please tell me if i understood well?

At the end of the book, there will be a list of the names... and the name will be by a name of a character of a book/ movie... Right? And we can choose which movie/ story we'd like to be mentionned.. Is that it?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not very happy with this company. I sent an email two times already in two weeks asking something in order to preorder the book and got no reply.

It's not like the book sold out already...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well...I finally got a reply. They only answered one thing and incorrectly..but well.

I proceed with the checkout and then I find out that, according to their email I must pay $95, but the website charges me $102.

What did I do? Cancelled it.

Not because of those 7 dollars, but because I realized that it's a really expensive book and I preffer not to purchase this limited edition, even if my name is in it. After all, is not King who puts my name on it...

I might get an extra artist edition of TLSOL instead
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You already have got your name used in a non-fiction writing by King ;-)

Btw, do you now actually own the issue?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Since we've known the title of the book for a while now, I'm going to change the name of this thread to reflect that. Thanks.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default another option..

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I'm not very happy with this company. I sent an email two times already in two weeks asking something in order to preorder the book and got no reply.

It's not like the book sold out already...
    I PREODERED MY COPY THROUGH Camelot Books and Gifts
    http://www.camelotbooks.com
    When I read about the special promotion which would get your name in the book I assumed I would miss out on that, HOWEVER Kim & Tony messaged me to alert me to the option and make sure I was able to take advantage of it. If you know them, you might contact them. If you don't know them feel free to tell them Jim Carpenter recommended you contact.
    I find them great to deal with. Often hear about things to come from them before even announced officially.
    Last edited by EXPLORER; 12-23-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: sp

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone happen to have a phone number for Sub Press? I've searched their website and other places and cannot find one.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fax them @ (810) 232-1447

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, was able to get in touch with them.

Country
    Country Flag

the cover is on liljas

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thye cover can also be found HERE
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Country
    Country Flag

The Subterranean Press edition of Stephen King Goes to the Movies is -- so far -- the only hardcover edition scheduled, and features full-color movie poster illustrations -- one for each story -- by Vincent Chong.
    WOw! 2 of them are on the CD page... pretty impressive!:

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Vincent Chong's work.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast