Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 647 1147 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a great homecoming is awaiting you - congrats!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice haul!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Ladies & gentlemen...my two latest acquisitions...

First, my Christmas gift from my wonderful & amazing beau:

Signed 1st/1st of On Writing:

It is in just beautiful condition, the binding is so tight I imgine it was only opened to be signed...something that actually rendered me, of all people, speechless!

Secondly--the deal of the century (or maybe just of the year) a 1st/1st of Eyes of the Dragon, in very nice shape---for $8.50! :
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

ugh...those pics don't seem to work--any help on posting pics from flickr?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here ya go, Ves - I used the actual pics instead of the pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    Ladies & gentlemen...my two latest acquisitions...

First, my Christmas gift from my wonderful & amazing beau:

Signed 1st/1st of On Writing:

It is in just beautiful condition, the binding is so tight I imgine it was only opened to be signed...something that actually rendered me, of all people, speechless!

Secondly--the deal of the century (or maybe just of the year) a 1st/1st of Eyes of the Dragon, in very nice shape---for $8.50! :

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stunning Ves.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Gosh friends, I am still shaking from how cool this is to me.

Our dear and very generous friend oy-the-brave made this amazing gift to me :

Yes, it is a signed Lee Bermejo Long Road Home Issue 5 Variant.

I cannot thank him enough. His kindness has truly touched my heart.

The community here at TDT is just amazing.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Pam! That is awesome!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's sweet too Pam. Wow!
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

How cool, Pam - and your FAVE cover! Oy is an amazing guy.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

congrats to all of you on your new acquisitions.

My Mood
    Gay

Yup, the Bermejo is my favorite cover! Dave is absolutely awesome! I was blown away by his generosity. Between that and Wiz sending me my favorite Jae Lee cover signed, it's been an amazing year of gifts for me. I am deeply grateful to both of these wonderful collectors. I am humbled by both items these gentlemen have made the effort to gift to me.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice items, everyone!

John

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Gosh friends, I am still shaking from how cool this is to me.

Our dear and very generous friend oy-the-brave made this amazing gift to me :

Yes, it is a signed Lee Bermejo Long Road Home Issue 5 Variant.

I cannot thank him enough. His kindness has truly touched my heart.

The community here at TDT is just amazing.
    VERY NICE !!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Pam. I'm very happy for you. That is a fantastic present - and Dave is a wonderful guy.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Congratulations, Pam. I'm very happy for you. That is a fantastic present - and Dave is a wonderful guy.

It is absolutely amazing... and yes, Dave is a wonderful guy. Blew me away! I've already ordered a matching frame and matting to go with the Jae Lee comic that Wiz gave me. I'm a lucky comic-geek!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Yup, the Bermejo is my favorite cover! Dave is absolutely awesome! I was blown away by his generosity. Between that and Wiz sending me my favorite Jae Lee cover signed, it's been an amazing year of gifts for me. I am deeply grateful to both of these wonderful collectors. I am humbled by both items these gentlemen have made the effort to gift to me.
    Great Pam! Happy to be of help. Way to go Dave! Nice gift.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just recived this 40X30 inch 1408 Movie Quad Poster, brand new

... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's very nice.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Kinda funny how ka is a circle....
    What Bob did for me this holiday, I also did for Matt through his wife Dora, owners of this site. She contacted me looking for a special present for Matt, and we did a deal behind his back. So, while I was playing Secret Santa, Bob was doing the same thing to me! I hope Matt liked Dora's gift and my extra freebie!
    I was so glad to finally get a chance to come in and read your story David. I think it's so cool that your wife got you the way mine did.

I've been so busy with the baby, I barely had time to react to the amazing gift you sent...my wife totally got PAID (scenic route )

I put a pic of it in the loot thread, one of the coolest books I have ever owned and I can't thank you enough for conspiring with Dora to get it for me.

And I love the extra
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Post it in here, Matt! And tell us the story too.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy to

My wife decided this year she would try and find me a collectible King book without having any idea what I wanted. Assuming anything Dark Tower would work, she contacted David. They have met on two occasions and she just loves him.

She had heard me say one time that I would love to own all the first editions of The Dark Tower books so that must have been where she started.

You should have seen my face when I opened the box and looked up at her. She giggled and laughed, rolling this way and that. I had no idea she would go to that kind of trouble to make this happen for me. Had it sent to the bank, her and her co-workers puzzled over what was so cool about it for a while.

I know both of these individuals (Dora and David) are among the highest caliber humans I have ever met but I was still taken back by the generosity and work on my behalf. Just the best Christmas ever on every level. I showed my grand daughter the book knowing someday maybe I could give it to her.

David also through in this amazing extra which I have seen before. It has been donated for giveaway two years running and I always wanted one. So when I saw it, that was when the maniacal laughter started.

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received this today:

UK Danse Macabre

When going through some of my saved notes, I found this from an auction by shibus back in 2006:

"Danse Macabre" Written by Stephen King and Published in 1981 by MacDonald. True UK First Edition as Stated on the Copyright page and Lacking a Number Sequence. One of only 600 Copies. A Very Low First Printing for any SK book and matched only with the UK Carrie. Book is N/Fine with Straight Spine, Sharp Corners and Bright Gold Lettering. 3 small Circles in Red ink on the FFEP. Dust Jacket is VG with Small amount of Chipping to Head and Heel of Spine, 1 1/2" V Shaped tear to Top rear and Minor wear along flaps and edges. Protected in Mylar cover.
    I was amazed to see that he said there were only 600 copies of this produced. Is this correct? The auction I won says 1000 copies.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've heard estimates state there were as few as 100 copies and no more than 1000. My experience makes me believe the HB print run is much closer to 100 than 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just received this today:

UK Danse Macabre

When going through some of my saved notes, I found this from an auction by shibus back in 2006:

"Danse Macabre" Written by Stephen King and Published in 1981 by MacDonald. True UK First Edition as Stated on the Copyright page and Lacking a Number Sequence. One of only 600 Copies. A Very Low First Printing for any SK book and matched only with the UK Carrie. Book is N/Fine with Straight Spine, Sharp Corners and Bright Gold Lettering. 3 small Circles in Red ink on the FFEP. Dust Jacket is VG with Small amount of Chipping to Head and Heel of Spine, 1 1/2" V Shaped tear to Top rear and Minor wear along flaps and edges. Protected in Mylar cover.
    I was amazed to see that he said there were only 600 copies of this produced. Is this correct? The auction I won says 1000 copies.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 647 1147 ... LastLast