Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Worst King on the Screen--Nominations Closed

Hybrid View

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I'll nominate Apt Pupil. I liked Brad Renfro in the part, but the movie just didn't get near dark enough.
    I'll second Apt Pupil. I am one of the few (at least according to what people wrote in the other thread) who liked the story, but I thought the film left a lot to be desired. The casting was well-done, the script and the direction not so much.

I'll also one-up the 1997 mini-series version of The Shining. That thing was awful.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I'll nominate Apt Pupil. I liked Brad Renfro in the part, but the movie just didn't get near dark enough.
    I'll second Apt Pupil. I am one of the few (at least according to what people wrote in the other thread) who liked the story, but I thought the film left a lot to be desired. The casting was well-done, the script and the direction not so much.
    Agreed. I read the story for the first time when I was about 12 and it really took my mind to a place it had never been before. Its the evil potential of human nature at face value that is the most terrifying for me. Squashing a dove with a basket ball (movie) isn't the same as placing homeless people in ovens (book). Plus the ending was nothing like the book:

Spoiler:
    When Todd went on the shooting spree at the highway traffic until he was taken out.