Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Point and Click Adventures

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Point and Click Adventures

This is a thread devoted to those fun and captivating point-and-click adventure games! They aren't as popular as they once were, but there are still a number of great ones being made that can be downloaded online.

One of my absolute favorite games is Maniac Mansion. In it, the mad Dr. Fred Edison is being controlled by an evil, slimey, purple meteor, which is bent on world domination. He's kidnapped a teenage girl named Sandy, and it's up to her boyfriend, Dave, and two of his friends to save her. However, they have to make their way through a mansion full of bizarre inhabitants to find their way into the secret lab. There are multiple endings, depending on what you do.
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

My favorite was always Broderbund's game Koala Lumpur:Journey to the Edge. Worth checking out if you like puzzle and logic games. It's been years since I've played, though - it might be easier to figure out than I remember it being...
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I've ever heard of that one. I wonder if it's available for download anywhere?
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Attack of the Graske. tachnically i guess it's one of them.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Is Maniac Mansion and old one? I vaguely remember playing a game that sounds similar to that when I was younger. Is it available online somewhere?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's pretty old - late 80's, I believe. I first played it on an old computer that someone gave us. (Really old, it didn't even have color!)
    It's hard to find the original one, but Maniac Mansion Deluxe is a very close remake. You should be able to find it online.

Country
    Country Flag

I just started a new game of Maniac Mansion and beat it... it was sweet.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Myst and Riven.
    I used to absolutely LOVE these games!

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I love

Quest for glory
    sam and max
    space quest
    starship titanic

and many more..

I LOVE POINT AND CLICK!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Is there anything I love that you don't?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B Rag View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty old - late 80's, I believe. I first played it on an old computer that someone gave us. (Really old, it didn't even have color!)
    It's hard to find the original one, but Maniac Mansion Deluxe is a very close remake. You should be able to find it online.
    Thanks, I found it. That really brings back memories. I remember playing that game all the time when I was little.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by B Rag View Post
    Is there anything I love that you don't?
    Let's hope not...

My Mood
    Worried

My brother would love Invader Zim to be made into a point and click adventure...

Country
    Country Flag

I bet that would be pretty cool. Unfortunately, though, I "missed" Invader Zim - I didn't have cable when it was on.

Say, isn't there some kind of RHPS adventure game?

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I played just about all of the Sierra adventures back in the 80's and early 90's. Loved them!

Recently the wife and I have played through Siberia (1 & 2), as well as Dracula:Origin - which is awesome by the way, just last week. There's been something of a resurgence of point-and-click adventures over the last couple of years, but they don't have nearly the market share they used to.

We're really looking foward to Dracula 3: Path of the Dragon which releases next week.

Along the Path of the Beam cru is on a distinguished road cru's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Online Games

i love flash games and free online games. i waste most of my work day on some of these. awesome, right?
    if anybody has any faves, the link should definitely be posted here.

the new one ive been hooked on:
    riff master2 from shockwave pretty much guitar hero on your keyboard..

enjoy!

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.isketch.net It's basically like online Pictionary...I've been hooked on this since 2002. It's a very friendly atmosphere, and pretty easy to get the hang of. If anyone ever decides to try it out, look me up...the name is SigTauGimp.

And damn it, cru...I had just decided to retire from the GH games, and now I'm sucked right back in.
    Last edited by SigTauGimp; 11-12-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: broken link. =/

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

I used to play isketch all the time. Pictionary is one of my favorite games.
    One of my new favs is filler. Quite addicting. http://www.freearcade.com/Filler.flash/Filler.html

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

My absolute faves were on the NES. Shadowgate, The Uninvited, and Deja Vu.
    In Digitized Remorse