Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
Well, my team didn't make the playoffs, so I am rooting for the teams that have never won a SB, so rooting for Lions, Bills, Texans in that order.

What about you? Anybody rooting for a team they are not a fan of (primarily).
Was it back in the late 80s that the Bills went 3 or 4 times and always came up short? Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
I'm hoping the Lions do well.
My mother-in-law is a Detroit native, so that would be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
I'll watch every game possible of "my team" during the regular season no matter how much they suck. I'm a CUBS fan, and they have had some really really bad seasons. But I still pay for the MLB pass to stream all the games. Prior to that, I'd watch them on the WGN cable every day possible.

However, once the playoffs start (any sport) and my team is not in it? The sport is dead to me for the duration of the playoffs. My NFL team is the Cowboys. So I have no interest in the remaining NFL playoffs this year. I have no urge to watch anything further, including the Superbowl. I guess if I had a sentimental reason, like rooting for Joe Burrow (LSU!) at Cincinnati, and they were in it, I might watch. But ask me who won the Superbowl last year? Kansas City? Just a guess. The World Series? I'd have to look it up. It wasn;t the Cubs, so no idea.
We usually find a reason to root for (or against) a team in the playoffs. The Super Bowl is always about the food, drink, and commercials. Sometimes the halftime show. And yes, "sometimes" it's about the game, lol.

My memory sucks, so if I almost always have to google last year's winner in any sport.