It is absolutely amazing that such vast libraries of classic Who episodes are available across multiple streaming services. I remember when Netflix had an incredibly limited story selection - about 1 story per Doctor, if you were lucky - so seeing most of the series being released on services like BritBox, Tubi and of course iPlayer is amazing. I'm actually making my way through the classic series using a mix of streaming services and blu-ray collections at the moment. Now on season 10. Jon Pertwee was absolutely magnificent as the Doctor, and this was an extremely strong season overall.

Regarding more recent Who stuff: has anyone else watched the recent specials? I rather liked them overall. Honestly, I don't see them working well as episodes designed to celebrate 60 years of the show. But as a kind of ending to the New Series? That's where it's most effective. Especially in the last special. The Giggle felt like a great way of celebrating and wrapping up everything since 2005, while giving the show the completely fresh start that it really needs.

As for the stories: I love The Star Beast, mostly because I love the original comic it's based on. It's a great balance between adapting what made the original story so much fun, while mixing it well with the new characters and storylines of this mini-era. Wild Blue Yonder was bonkers but very effective, and one I'm eager to rewatch. And The Giggle, aside from being a very effective ending, also worked as a fun and fresh way of bringing back a great character.

It was nice to see Tennant again for a few episodes. But I'm still much more excited to see Gatwa's era really begin. Especially after his rather unique introduction. I think Gatwa is a brilliant actor anyway, so I'm sure he's going to bring a lot to the role of the new Doctor.