Here is my mini-doc production

Assignment: Create a 3-5 minute doc (we went a little over that!) where the primary purpose is to interview someone. We had to stage the interview, light it ourselves. The only real drawback here is our sound. My partner's job was to get the sound equipment from the school, a recording, lavalier microphones, and a boom mic, since I'm several cities away and it's easier for them. They had issues, and then the order was wrong, and really I think they dropped the ball on actually picking it up and kept putting it off or forgetting to do it. Our sound guy had a pretty decent microphone and it's much better than in camera sound, but if we had of had lavalier mics and a boom it could sound so much better. Also the person doing the picture edit took too long so between our sound editor and me doing all the colour grading as cinematographer, we had less than 48 hours to do our post-production. All in all it still turned out pretty good considering what we had to work with. All I know is that if we get a low mark it ain't got anything to do with me! I think the picture edit would have gone better if we'd prepared for the interview more. The interview ended up going for like 80 minutes for a 5 minute film. So sifting through all for the meat couldn't have been easy. If the director was on top of the production we'd have conducted a tight 20 minutes interview so editing would be easier. Oh well...that's all part of the learning experience for everyone at the school.