Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Sword of Truth Series

Threaded View

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'd say yes to the Dark Tower question, but not in a way that diminishes The Dark Tower at all. It is just more my sot of story. I've been a fantasy fan since I was a wee lad.

I think Goodkind is amazing at character development and making you really feel for the characters that he writes. I bought my two roommates the first book for Christmas(as a late present nearf the end of January) and they are both really enjoying it. One is already on book 6.

People point out a lot of similarities between organizations and such in The Sword of Truth and The Wheel of Time. Robert Jordan wrote 5 or 6 of his books before Goodkind started. However, from what I understand, both authors looked at it as bizzare coincidence.

I think you should at least pick up the first book and give it a shot. If you don't like it, that's only $7 or so down the drain anyway.
    Last edited by OchrisO; 06-15-2012 at 04:27 AM.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.