Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Good stuff ya'll. I will work as hard as I can to play catch up and good to hear from you, divemaster. When I nominated A Tale of Two Sisters, I thought of you cause I remembered how much you love it. Did you ever happen to see the American remake? I forget what's it called but of course it's not as good....
Hey! I actually did watch The Uninvited. I Netflixed it about 3 years ago. I watched it all the way through and realized toward the end that I had seen it before. I checked my Netflix history and, yep, I had watched it some number of years prior. Obviously didn't make much of an impression on me if I didn't pick up on that until the end of the movie second time through! But all in all, it wasn't terrible, and there was enough stuff changed so that I wasn't bored to tears, but I'll always go back to the original.
It's funny but I have a slightly similar story. I had watched A Tale of Two Sisters with my movie buddy at the time and we both loved it, obviously. Some years later, he had seen The Uninvited and told me we had to watch it. So we get about halfway through and I'm like, this is very familiar and before the end I informed him it was a remake of AToTS and he was like Oh my god, you're right! So weird.
Anyway, hope you'll be participating in the tournament!