Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
What a beautiful looking set! I love when a publisher can take a theme and stretch it out over a number of books without the aesthetic getting boring (the RA Lafferty series from Centipede Press is another good example of this). It's a real shame it won't be a 20 book set - that would be a very pretty shelf. As is, they are still a nice looking set of books, though!
Thanks! I have to agree - the consistency of design elements was one of the main reasons I acquired this set, even though the series had already been cancelled. There a lots of little details to appreciate: for example, the printing on the covers and slipcase, and the bookmark ribbon colour, match the endpaper colour scheme for each volume.

Unfortunately, this is not *quite* a matching set. All volumes are #20 - *except* volume 3, which is #21. This was a publisher error - they sent the original owner the wrong number, and he didn't bother to correct it. Needless to say, I've very interested in finding #20 of volume 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
Beautiful stuff, Peter!
Thanks, Brian! It's a great feeling to post these pics to a forum where people appreciate them!

HBJ