Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enhancing Our Grading System

Hybrid View

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok the above post brought this thread to my attention, and I started from the beginning with the hope that since there was new activity on the thread, maybe there was a new awards for 2017 starting, but unfortunately that doesn't look like the case. Is there any possibility of there being a new one? I don't think there has been one since I joined the site.

Based on the comments through the history of this thread, here are some of my comments, if there ever is a new CRA.

1) prefer a random grouping, as all the original doubleday books (except Carrie) would be in my top 10.
    2) prefer a simple number rating. Don't want to have to think about the various questions I heard mentioned in previous threads. For example many of these books I last read circa 1983. I have strong memories of how I felt about the books, and in most cases memories of the story and plot, but there are lots of holes. I would probably rate Roadwork as unread, even though I have read it, as that is the only book that I have no recollection about what it is about.
    3) which brings me to my next question. How did you guys hand "did not read" rattings? Just didn't factor that person into the average? I would suggest that any book that has a certain percentage of unread votes be disqualified. (maybe 40%?)
    4) Why was 30 the amount to move on to the next round? Seems like 32 would be a logical choice being a power of 2, which would allow a head to head bracket to be built.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Ok the above post brought this thread to my attention, and I started from the beginning with the hope that since there was new activity on the thread, maybe there was a new awards for 2017 starting, but unfortunately that doesn't look like the case. Is there any possibility of there being a new one? I don't think there has been one since I joined the site.
    You're in luck! See here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...return-in-2018!

+ Reply to Thread