Sorry Ricky, I couldn't wait.

Leading up to Oct.

31 days of Horror

Halloween Cooldown

Reviews:

Sep 24 Triangle * $$$ Maybe not horror, but there is a killer on the boat. The boat is an old cruise liner that a group of stranded seafarers have boarded. Things get very strange. Think of it as Christopher Nolan inspired.

Sept 25 Waxwork * $$$ People are disappearing in the wax museum. But where they go was what made this a cool movie. If your a fan of House, you should like this.

Sept 26 Frozen $$$ The characters make a couple of bad decisions, but still, the film moves quickly and keeps you waiting for what happens next. For fans of Fall.

Sept 27 Smile * $$$ Really, I thought that this was going to be another shiny-new-film-that-just-doesn't-get-what-makes-horror-good deal. But, even with it being like many other J-horrors of the past, it was still enjoyable. Better than some in fact.

Sept 28 The Wicker Man * $$ Some of the scenes just were too long. Some of the scenes were ridiculous. The climactic ending was underwhelming. That said, I'm sure it would have something special when it came out 50 yrs ago. My opinion, watch the Nic Cage remake from 17 yrs ago. The reworked story is better.

Sept 29 Three Extremes * $$$ I liked the 3rd story best because of it's strangeness, 1st story next because of it's straight-faced dealing with the story, 2nd story the least because it tried playing some of it as (I guess) funny. Overall, they were quality Asian Horror.

Sept 30 Before I Wake * $$$ This felt like a late 90's/early 00's horror film that would have had horrible CGI. You want to yell at the main character, but the story still works. If this movie had come out in 2006 it would have been Sean Bean and Virginia Madsen.

Oct 1 No One Will Save you * $ Please stop making movies where the actors "can't" talk. This time, it wasn't even for a reason. The alien design was boring. Every scene I wanted to blurt out some critique. Then there was a dance number. Nah, not for me.

Oct 2 The Deep House * $$$ Found footage. I'm gonna like it. This time in a haunted house at the bottom of a lake with a decent story. Not much to it, just a bit of anticipation of what will pop out in front of the shaky camera. (Has one of Mick Jaggers sons.) (Has a post credit scene.)

Oct 3 Body Snatchers '93 * $$$ I liked the '78 version a lot, so I expected this to be good as well. This one is almost like The Fly remake by Cronenberg with the gooey effects. Has that 90's look of "normal people" looking actors. Not fast paced, or much to grab your attention. It was a bit dreamlike watching it.

[Disclaimer: These are of course just my opinions]