Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
I miss Tom Piccirilli. I keep checking everywhere for a lost story but I think I'll have to be grateful for the books he has given us.

I have no regrets about selling off the most of my King collection, but I will never forgive myself for selling the signed Last Kind Words. We exchanged a few words on the defunct Horror Drive-In forum and a week later I received the book.
Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
Get yourself a gift of inscribed Nathan Ballingrud. He's neck to neck with Fracassi* for the most exciting new(ish) voice in horror.
https://www.malaprops.com/preorder-m...han-ballingrud

I got in while the going was good and ordered two inscribed books directly from Mr. Fracassi. Seemed like a nice guy and he even posted the books the very next day.
I agree with you wholeheartedly about Tom Piccrilli, and my LAST KIND WORDS, which I fortunately still have, is similarly inscribed by Pic.

R.e. Ballingrud's THE STRANGE, I'm reading that right now -- about halfway through as of today -- and it's a great book. The protagonists are thus far a little hard to like and thus sympathies to their plight is a bit slighted, but I kind of suspect that'll change as the book goes on and, even if not, the setting, the story, the prose alone make this book very entertaining. Midworld Press is doing a signed/limited Ballingrud -- announcing Monday, 5/15 -- and rumor is that it will be THE STRANGE (but time will tell).