Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Film classics for Blu-ray???

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Film classics for Blu-ray???

So i've just bought myself a new HD tv for Christmas but i don't know what classic films i should get to show off its capabilities!

I've just bought Gladiator which i think will look great but what else should i be adding to my Christmas wish list?

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if "classic classics" would be worth getting on blueray...y'know...like Its a Wonderful Life or something or, really, anything made before Blueray came along. I wouldn't think so but I don't know that much about it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Classics look great on Blu-ray. Check out Casablanca and North by Northwest.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I have to agree with pablo on this. I have several "classics" on BluRay and the sound improvements alone are worth the cost.

I got the Anniversary edition of Gone With The Wind and it is fantastic. There's lots of cool bonus material and the film itself is just beautifully imaged.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.