Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Somebody please debunk this for me

Along the Path of the Beam zadok is on a distinguished road zadok's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Somebody please debunk this for me

I can't get it out of my head that Patrick Danville is just another alias for Walter/Flagg/Ageless Stranger. Tell me how that is impossible. Thanks!
    Last edited by zadok; 12-13-2007 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Spoilers!!!
    There are other worlds than these...

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

It's impossible because they've appeared as seperate characters in the same book, DT7.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zadok View Post
    I can't get it out of my head that Patrick Danville is just another alias for Walter/Flagg/Ageless Stranger. Tell me how that is impossible. Thanks!
    Have you finished the series?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    It's impossible because they've appeared as seperate characters in the same book, DT7.
    So what? He did so in The Gunslinger.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Have you finished the series?
    Yessir.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I never even imagined that the two could be the same. Why would you think so?

That may be a good place to start
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick is the mute artist Roland meets and defeats the CK with. This happens way after Walter is killed by Mordred. Two different people on two different sides. One white, one red

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Boy this is a first. Just curious Zadok, what gives you this idea?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

It's not "proof" per se, but it seems very unlikely that Joe "Dandelo" Collins would have been able to subdue Walter as easily as he did Patrick.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY unlikely.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I never even imagined that the two could be the same. Why would you think so?

That may be a good place to start

Roland rejects the "help" from Insomnia - where Patrick's "false prophecy" is made.

Patrick had his tongue removed like Walter did.

Roland is very angry with him for no real reason.

Walter is afraid of "an accounting" if he were to climb the Dark Tower - Patrick is afraid once they reach it.

Walter has the power to raise people from the dead - why not himself?

Walter secretly wants to kill the Crimson King - Danville does it.

He is the only one left with Roland at the end, we are told we don't know what happens to him after that next day other than he was "on the road".

Roland starts out again in the desert chasing Walter who is miles ahead of him.

Walter tells Roland in the desert "he already stands so close to the Tower that worlds turn about his head".

There may be others that I am forgetting...

Edit to add: Patrick's painting of llamrei dead.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    It's not "proof" per se, but it seems very unlikely that Joe "Dandelo" Collins would have been able to subdue Walter as easily as he did Patrick.
    I figured they were in on it together.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

hmmmm...interesting stuff there.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Boy this is a first. Just curious Zadok, what gives you this idea?

Just one of my many various and sundry thoughts...

Possible, though I'm not sure Dandelo would have laid down his life for Walter's plans, though I suppose theoretically Walter could resurrect him. I still disagree Zadok, but this is very interesting...

Country
    Country Flag

Possible, though I'm not sure Dandelo would have laid down his life for Walter's plans, though I suppose theoretically Walter could resurrect him. I still disagree Zadok, but this is very interesting...
    I'm far from sure about it myself, feel free to disagree.

I don't think Dandelo's death was part of the plan (if he and Walter were in on it together). But who was that man in the picture supposed to be? (the one with the dead horse)

It's definitely an intriguing theory because I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I read your first post. I am currently re-reading DT-6, and will give this theory some serious thought when I get to DT-7 again. It actually melds well with Matt's theory that Walter is trying to help Roland.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Patrick had his tongue removed like Walter did.
    Flagg also got his eyes removed. If Flagg's eyes were to magically regrow, then why not his tongue?

Roland is very angry with him for no real reason.
    Because is Patrick is an incompetent boob, not because he's Roland's archnemesis. Roland was also pissed off at Oy at the end for no real reason as well. Doesn't mean Oy's evil as well.

Walter is afraid of "an accounting" if he were to climb the Dark Tower - Patrick is afraid once they reach it.
    I don't recall Walter being afraid of the Tower, but even so, being afraid of the pinnacle of all existence isn't a rarity.

Walter has the power to raise people from the dead - why not himself?
    If that's true, then how come he hasn't resurrected every enemy that Roland has killed? He resurrected one person, and that person came back in an almost zombie-like state.

Walter secretly wants to kill the Crimson King - Danville does it.
    Walter wants to kill the Crimson King so he can usurp his power. If Walter WAS Patrick, once the main threat was out of the way he'd kill Roland, take his guns and enter the Tower. Not walk off.

He is the only one left with Roland at the end, we are told we don't know what happens to him after that next day other than he was "on the road".
    So?

Roland starts out again in the desert chasing Walter who is miles ahead of him.
    What does this have to do with your Patrick connection?

So let me get this straight...

Walter is killed by Mordred. After having his eyes and tongue ripped out, the rest of his body is devoured soon after.

Walter resurrects himself in the form of Patrick Danville. He was able to regrow most of his body, but for some reason, he can't grow back his tongue.

He allies himself with Dandelo, and waits for Roland to arrive, so he can intercept Roland's ka-tet.

Upon doing so, he erases the Crimson King...and walks away, leaving Roland to enter the Tower for himself.

I don't buy it. There are far too many contradictions and inconsistencies to be explained.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

The Master sai blaine is on a distinguished road sai blaine's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Doesn't mean Oy's evil as well.
    Or does it... dum dum duuuuuuuuum

So, earthlings..basically urm...end of the world...Here Come The Drums!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oy's the fucking Antichrist.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

So what? He did so in The Gunslinger.
    No he didn't. Walter and Flagg are two seperate people.

Country
    Country Flag

No, they're the same. By the last book there's really no doubt about that.

My Collection

Both of them are killed seperately though!

Did I miss something?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We are discussing that very question in another thread....Twinner thread.

Both of them are killed seperately though!

Did I miss something?
    When was Flagg killed before DT 7? He always escaped until then.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast