Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: TDT.Org Member meeting IRL...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TDT.Org Member meeting IRL...

So, I got to thinking today that a lot of us have met each other IRL on different occasions and that it might be nice to exchange names of those members you have met IRL, stories surrounding the meeting, anecdotes, you name it. I'll start. I have met the following TDT.Org members IRL:

Dolso
    Randall Flagg
    Patrick
    Weathervane7
    Aronstg
    Twistednadine
    Explorer
    Tippy4
    SGC1999

Most of them I have met at the RBR show awhile back, but I have met with Dick & his wife several times and speak with him regularly. I also have had telephone conversations with:

Ben Staad
    Brianfreeman
    Jill Bauman
    Ned Dameron
    Cook
    Erin Wells
    Lot Guy
    Mark Edward Geyer
    Tomas (TheCollector)
    Alex McVey
    Glen Chadborn
    Jimimck

So who have you encountered and how? What's your story????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oi! You forgot we've chatted on the phone once too ;-)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Oi! You forgot we've chatted on the phone once too ;-)
    That's right. I'll fix that right now, but have you managed to meet anyone? A hobbit? and Elf? Bad Penny? LOL

I'm pretty sure there are a couple others that I don't recall off the top of my head. I expect to be corrected a few more times.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Much better.

Grant gave me an invite to go and drink Johnny Walker Blue with him if I was ever in Melbourne. I intend to hold him to that one day.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I ran into EXPLORER and David Williamson at the NYC King event for Dr. Sleep.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I have Brice locked up in my closet, but that's about it!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Father Callahan in Memorial Church at the Doctor Sleep Event at Harvard, but I lack the social graces to actually introduce myself. What if I was wrong and it wasn't him? What if he had no idea who I was (either from here as Robert Fulman, or from real life as a customer of Betts)? I decided it would be better to just leave quietly, so that's what I did.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I don't think any of the ones I've met up with are active members anymore Fernando called me once to hear me say "ranch."
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha, yup I remember that

I'll update this thread later, with pics too.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've met Dave (Bett's) at The Three Kings Event in DC and the George Mason Event in Fairfax. There were a couple others but I cannot remember their names - maybe Oy The Brave???

Likewise I've met Bev Vincent at The three Kings event. I saw but did not speak with our fearless leader at Mason Event, as well as Ralph

I think Weathervane7 may have been in front of me in line at the Mason signing? Not sure.

I've met Nerak (Karen formerly of Grant) at at least one SKEMERCon(ference) in Bangor. Watched a band perform and drank beer with her - the band of which I cannot remember their name wrote many songs inspired by the Dark Tower.

I met Chaos Consultant at a SKEMERCon back around 1997 or 98 in Bangor - Tree705 also (he doesn't post here often).

I met CarlosDetweiler at the Bag of Bones booksigning in Bangor circa 1998/99?

I'm sure there are more that I cannot remember.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Going way back, I've met:
    Will/Black Thirteen: He bought me lunch one day.
    SheOy: She's actual local and I bake her cupcakes and shit.
    ErinPatricia/BlakeMP: I literally danced at their wedding
    JennJ: I've had a drink with her and her husband AJ (I think he was Herzelblatt waaaay back).
    JohnnyP and redheaddread: I've had breakfast with them.
    Shelby: I've been to dinner with her and she's been to my house for a weekend and we ran from dinosaurs together.
    Dock: He bought me dinner, I bought him a cup of coffee.
    MidWorldGirl/Erin: I went to her wedding and she and I went to the Dance of Dragons booksigning in KY. She's the first internet person I introduced my kids to.

I've talked to Ferny, Randall Flagg, Patrick maybe. I talk to John Blaze so much my kids are on a first name basis with him.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have spoken to Rachel Readmans husband!
    And I probably unknowingly saw a number of members at the Paris signing as I walked the length of the line from start to finish.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There you go folks. There's the spirit. Nice to remember the good times in the past and the one's to come, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!