Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt for The Haven Foundation

Game Master Scott Landon will become famous soon enough Scott Landon will become famous soon enough Scott Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Default Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt for The Haven Foundation

Staff members have hidden hearts in photos that they've posted sitewide since the twelfth. There will also be more photos posted with hearts hidden in them throughout the week. All you need to do is find the most hearts hidden in the photos to win and PM me with where they are located. The prize will be one giveaway entry and 10,000 beambucks. This game will end one week from today. Have fun!
    Gonna scare you up and shoot ya, Mister Charlie told me so.

Game Master Scott Landon will become famous soon enough Scott Landon will become famous soon enough Scott Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The prizes for this our being modified a bit.

Grand Prize: 2 giveaway entries
    Second place: 1 giveaway entry

ALL participants: 500 beambucks

The game will end Saturday.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I did not find any ....

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

look harder
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For some of the newer members, could you list who "The Staff" peeps are?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Gretchen, there's a staffing matrix here that should help.

I have a couple of questions regarding the pictures with hearts in them. This is a huge site, so I am looking for clarification.
    1. Are these photos or all kinds of graphics?
    2. Are these images that have already existed and been altered or entirely new images?
    3. Are they only images from the staff or images that have been posted by site members but photoshopped by staff?
    4. How small are these images? Some of our eyes are older than others.

Thanks very much!

SickWoofer
    Last edited by Woofer; 02-18-2009 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Add a question.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Gretchen, there's a staffing matrix here that should help.

I have a couple of questions regarding the pictures with hearts in them. This is a huge site, so I am looking for clarification.
    1. Are these photos or all kinds of graphics?
    2. Are these images that have already existed and been altered or entirely new images?
    3. Are they only images from the staff or images that have been posted by site members but photoshopped by staff?
    4. How small are these images? Some of our eyes are older than others.

Thanks very much!

SickWoofer

Feel better!
    1. They are photos, but the hearts in them can be in any form...hearts on an article of clothing, paper hearts, photoshopped in, a real heart (okay, probably not that), etc...
    2. If they've been posted by a staff member between the twelfth of February and this coming Friday they are within the rules. AVs and Sigs can count too if they contain a photo with hearts in it. Just hearts alone posted with no photo will not count though. A solitary graphic image is not considered for this.
    3. So far I've seen only original photos, but I'm not ruling out any photos within the other guidelines.
    4. Some are quite small. Some are completely obvious I think. If you're looking they shouldn't be too hard to locate at least some of them. Even if you only find a few you may win. It all depends on how many others find.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Like a heart on someones av?

The answer is within

My Mood
    In Love

SNAP! Then, I still havent seen a single one...

The answer is within

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Gretchen, there's a staffing matrix here

Staffing Matrix...sounds like an S.T.D. one gets from farm animals.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So the timelimit is up - Did I win - Huh????????
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Amused

Sorry! I haven't been feeling very good. I'll have the winners posted tomorrow morning if not sooner.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

No hurry and no worries - just feel better.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

do you guys think we should point out to poor scott that maybe the reason he's not feeling well is because he's a little, well, dead?

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    do you guys think we should point out to poor scott that maybe the reason he's not feeling well is because he's a little, well, dead?
    Actually, I've had a toothache bad enough to wake the dead...literally. So since I'm here, without any further holdup our winners are:

Grand prize: CRinVa-10,000 beambucks and 2 giveaway entries
    First Place: Woofer-1 giveaway entry and (although it wasn't mentioned) 2,500 beambucks

All Participants: 500 beambucks

Thanks to all who participated. Prizes will be coming to you shortly.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

WooHoo -

I want to thank the academy, and my agent, and the gamesmaster, and HMFIC Matt, and Cupid and Hallmark and all the sponsors and my Mom and lastly but not least I want ot thank GOD. God Dammit, I won something - where will I spend all those beambucks!

:-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Congrats CRinVA and Woofer !!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Y'all!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    In Love

yeah, congratulations you guys & gals.

The answer is within

My Mood
    Worried

Woof! Thankee big-big.

ETA: Ooops, hit post too soon. Get that ... you know ... taken care of by a ... you-know-who, just no details please! *hides*
    Last edited by Woofer; 02-24-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: ETA.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, guys!

So let's see the answer list, Scott.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Congrats you two!

And yes, I'm kinda curious as well. I was only able to find a couple.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I know where they all are.

Some of them are REALLY good.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Amused

I'll dig them up a little later. I didn't keep them all listed together.