Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Metallica: Death Magnetic Tour!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Metallica: Death Magnetic Tour!!!

Anybody????? After 11 years they finally returned to my country (Venezuela); and.....: THE MOST KICK ASS SHOW EVER!!!!

Any opinion?????

PD: sorry if this donエt belong here...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...I don't know if I'll see them this tour. I've seen them once with Jason and they were just fucking amazing...played for close to five hours straight with NO break. It was just incredible. I am still sore that my older brother saw them with Cliff just a few days before they went to Europe where Cliff died and he absolutely HATED them.

Anyhow, I loathed the abomination that was St. Anger, but this one was pretty damn good, imo.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I値l be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Hmm...I don't know if I'll see them this tour. I've seen them once with Jason and they were just fucking amazing...played for close to five hours straight with NO break. It was just incredible. I am still sore that my older brother saw them with Cliff just a few days before they went to Europe where Cliff died and he absolutely HATED them.

Anyhow, I loathed the abomination that was St. Anger, but this one was pretty damn good, imo.
    Iエm with you, St. Anger was, and still is an abomination...

Sadly, i couldnエt go to the first time they visited my country (only 15 years old and no money) with Jason, but with Robert they still are just fucking amazing, incredibly brutal and any other adjective that you may come off

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I'm still undecided on Robert at least with them. He's batting 50-50 for me. As we both said the last album was horrendous (I wanted to send James a bottle of liquor with a note that would say you NEED this. ), but this one is more true to form. I guess every band is entitled to one truly horrible record. Anyhow, I've been a mettallica fan since kill 'em all came out and I have a bunch a few old vinyls. I even have Metal Up Your Ass with Mustaine and McGovney and the early albums on Megaforce Records.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a HUGE metallica fan and I'm also one of the only ones who actually enjoyed load/ reload AND Saint Anger, but death magnetic is an incredible return to form for them, really consistantly excellent
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, Load/Reload were genius when compared to St. Anger. Really I liked those two okay, but St. Anger is the only CD I ever bought that I immediately wanted to break.

If you rescue me

Along the Path of the Beam dubrosa22 is on a distinguished road dubrosa22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really like St Anger.
    It has some awful drum miking/EQing but otherwise it holds a dear place in my heart... mostly due to the awesome SKOM doco.

But DM is the best thing they've done since AJFA...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It made me wish that reincarnation was possible...because just one suicide wouldn't be enough for this record. All the talk in the 80's amongst some religious people and lawsuits because someone killing themselves after listening to certain rock albums sounds a lot more plausible if applied to that album. There were no hidden satanic messages, the album was just bad enough to make you want to escape that much.

I know I'm beating the hell out of a dead horse.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

"May your luck rise, Roland" -Cuthbert Allgood

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, Just checked in and you're Still beating it up there. C'mon man, don't you see the flies buzzing it?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It cannot be beaten badly enough.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the dancing grenade.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Brice, I love that you mentioned how irked you were that your older brother saw Metallica while Burton was still with them. I would have felt the exact same way if someone saw one of my favorite bassists perform live and not appreciated it!

I have yet to listen to Death Magnetic, actually. I think I remember hearing one song, but after St. Anger I gave up all hope for them. Is it time to pick them up again?
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It could reasonably be considered a return to form. It's different, but DEFINITELY not the kind of different St. Anger was. The funny thing is now that same brother likes Metallica quite a bit, but back then they had a much rawer sound and even more so live....and he just couldn't appreciate it.

To this day he still taunts me about it.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the dancing grenade.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

It could reasonably be considered a return to form. It's different, but DEFINITELY not the kind of different St. Anger was. The funny thing is now that same brother likes Metallica quite a bit, but back then they had a much rawer sound and even more so live....and he just couldn't appreciate it.

To this day he still taunts me about it.
    I downloaded Death Magnetic last night and I'm still listening to it as I type this; what a fantastic album! I love the alternating time signatures throughout each song. The drums are perfect, as always. Just the small drum fills in between guitar gallops or triplet runs are great. There's so much detail to each instrument. I'm sorry to say that the bass is a bit lacking, but hell, we all knew Trujillo was no Burton. This album is dark, it's heavy, it's awkward to follow, and the vocals are boss. I love it!
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Saw this Tour in Seattle last year!

I worked a suite at the Key Arena for the Death Magnetic tour.

The show rocked. They are great!!! Really still rock like they did back in the day.

Still like Ride the Lightning and some of their old stuff a bit more, but have to say they still have it.

Loved it when they sang Seek and Destroy and the whole crowd sang along with them and the stopped playing the music and the crowd sang on.

Love their lyrics on all of their songs.

Glad you got to see it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    This album is dark, it's heavy, it's awkward to follow, and the vocals are boss. I love it!
    This album is just awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    I worked a suite at the Key Arena for the Death Magnetic tour.

The show rocked. They are great!!! Really still rock like they did back in the day.

Still like Ride the Lightning and some of their old stuff a bit more, but have to say they still have it.

Loved it when they sang Seek and Destroy and the whole crowd sang along with them and the stopped playing the music and the crowd sang on.

Love their lyrics on all of their songs.

Glad you got to see it.
    The same show... Jeje, James didnエt ask the crowd to follow the tour and teach other crowds to rock?