Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Lady_Macbeth is on a distinguished road Lady_Macbeth's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Default MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!!

Anybody else have the pleasure of viewing this gem? We all know Sai King is one of the greatest authors that ever lived, but let us not forget his worst failure: Maximum Overdrive. This godawful piece of cinema remains to be one of the most ridiculously terrible B horror films ever made.

In the movie, machines come to life and are on a mission to murder mankind. Towards the end of the movie they just kinda run out of money, and show a title card that says aliens were behind the whole thing. Needless to say, Stephen King decided never to direct any movies, ever again. If you're ever in need of a good laugh, you ought to pick it up from the $5 bin at your local Walmart.

Here's a trailer:
    [ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lqz2rejJS6M"]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lqz2rejJS6M[/ame]

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Well, King's screenplay was pretty good (with no aliens mentioned in the end), so when making the actual movie, he/they decided that it should be "a moron movie."

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was hilarious And I love anything with young Emilio Estevez in it

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I thought it was hilarious And I love anything with young Emilio Estevez in it
    I especially love the beginning when everything starts going crazy.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

ACDC is on the boat beneath the drawbridge.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

WEEEE MADE YOOOUUUUUU!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

The TV movie/remake "Trucks" was in many ways worse. Except for the scene with the postman and the little killer toytruck.

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

{In utter shock}How DARE you call this one of the worst movies ever made! I'm still waiting for it to be available on Netflix, LOL. I love this movie.