Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Best of the Year...So Far

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Best of the Year...So Far

With 2012 already half over, I thought we could post our Top 5 films of the year so far. There's still a lot of good stuff coming out later on, so it'll be interesting to see how everyone's lists change during the second half of the year.

It doesn't matter how you saw your 5 (DVD, theater, etc.) but I think we'll leave out re-watches and stick to first time viewings.

I have mine narrowed down to 8 and it's harder than I thought.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Top Five Movies Of The Year (So Far):
    The Avengers
    Chronicle
    Prometheus
    The Raid: Redemption
    Ted

Top Five Television Seasons Of The Year (So Far):
    2 Broke Girls: Season 1
    Life On Mars (UK): Season 1
    Once Upon A Time: Season 1
    Sherlock: Season 2
    Spartacus: Season 3 (Vengeance)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I probably haven't seen 5 whole movies this year.

I think our feevie just died of an aneurysym...and died crying at that.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite has been Brave, I would have to think about the rest.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Are we talking films that were released in 2012, or films that we saw for the first time in 2012 regardless of release date ?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, films that you saw this year (for the first time) regardless of where/how you saw them (theater, DVD) or the release date.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yep, films that you saw this year (for the first time) regardless of where/how you saw them (theater, DVD) or the release date.
    great, then I can post too! only one of these was released in 2012

Carnage
    The Secret in Their Eyes
    Midnight in Paris
    Koniec nocy
    Absentia

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm ... should I wait until after I watch The Dark Knight Rises ?

Country
    Country Flag

Here's my Top 5 (whew!):

Underworld
    Doubt
    The Help
    Temple Grandin
    Prometheus

Honorable Mentions:

Midnight in Paris
    Higher Ground
    Never Let Me Go
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Carnage
    The Secret in Their Eyes
    Midnight in Paris
    Koniec nocy
    Absentia
    Carnage was great.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised nobody mentioned The Hunger Games.

Also, in no particular order:

Cabin in the Woods
    The Avengers
    Dark Knight Rises
    21 Jump Street
    Prometheus
    Brave
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I think I have finally figured this out...

The Avengers
    The Cabin in the Woods
    Donnie Darko
    Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
    The Dark Knight Rises

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Top 5, in no particular order

1. The Dark Knight Rises - Nolan
    2. Tree of Life - Malick
    3. The Avengers - Whedon
    4. Cache (Hidden) - Haneke
    5. El Secreto En Sus Ojos - Campanella

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Midnight In Paris
    Jane Eyre
    The Dark Knight Rises
    [REC]2
    Tree of Life
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook