Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Palaver at TheDarkTower.com is closing tonight

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Palaver at TheDarkTower.org is closing tonight

11:59 EDT 10/4/10 will be closing time for the community as it exists here.

I have not come out with a big sappy post about "good-bye" or "see you in the clearing" because this is not good-bye. Because of the efforts of many people this community will continue to exist. Just in a new place.

4 people came together and found like minded people. From there we set about to build the greatest Stephen King fan site in the world from scratch.

We did that in style.

TheDarkTower.com not content from another site being moved, it was conceived from the ground up by Katet and we helped the Beams in our own little way while we were here.

Now we all go to help from another location with this amazing thing we have built together.

Someone mentioned "a rose is a rose..."

the rest of that is "...under any other name it would smell just as sweet".

It was all about how names didn't matter and they don't for real.

With Jerome at the helm and the resources at his disposal this community is on the edge of a golden age and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

See you all on the other side because Ka really is a wheel.

Matt
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well said, Matt!
    Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the crew on the other side.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think we can pretend, for a few hours, that it is the end of the world... would be an excuse for that mass orgy everybody has kept talking about in our many "what would you do in your last hour" conversations...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

k.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I see a lot of activity on Facebook in the near future.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If all goes well with the conversion as expected, tomorrow we'll just log on to thedarktower.org and it will be business as usual!

And Matt/Hannah/Aaron/Dora better be there!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm planning on it.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I think we can pretend, for a few hours, that it is the end of the world... would be an excuse for that mass orgy everybody has kept talking about in our many "what would you do in your last hour" conversations...
    this
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    ...we set about to build the greatest Stephen King fan in the world from scratch.

Sorry: Whatever you meant to say, y'all succeeded in building the best community for SK discussion I've ever seen. -wub
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I'm planning on it.
    Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    With Jerome at the helm and the resources at his disposal this community is on the edge of a golden age and I can't wait to see how it turns out.
    Same here!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Well, I'll be having brain surgery tomorrow....but as soon as I get out of hospital....I'll come looking for you all, I'll find you and then.......look out!!! I'll get you!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry: Whatever you meant to say, y'all succeeded in building the best community for SK discussion I've ever seen. -wub
    I meant "fan site" but it still works from a "we are all one" perspective.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, whatever works. I really like the fact that small differences don't interfere with our friendship. Hope you don't mind my compulsion for making fun of typos.

Linda: Best wishes!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I think Matt was actually referring to the person he's building in his basement from baby spiders, chicken feathers, broken promises, ashes from burnt Dean Koontz books, and the tears of everyone who ever cried during/after reading a King book.

Kind of like Mila Jovovich in Fifth Element 'cept with bigger bosoms.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The hard part was getting the tears. After that, it all fell into place.

My Mood
    Amused

mmm sexy robot fan...

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Reminds me of something Bender would say.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also wondering if the currently scrolling update was supposed to read "...The forum could be closed for up to 24 hours..."
    I hope you're not jinxed; how long do you think it might take before you start to think that you are getting close?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I got that fixed. Thank you.

We should know pretty quick how it is going. The forum may be okay to open before it is fully operational but we will do it as soon as possible.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I think Matt was actually referring to the person he's building in his basement from baby spiders, chicken feathers, broken promises, ashes from burnt Dean Koontz books, and the tears of everyone who ever cried during/after reading a King book.

Kind of like Mila Jovovich in Fifth Element 'cept with bigger bosoms.

"burnt dean koontz books"
    ah ha ha ha eh heh heh
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome and Matt and their elvin helpers can take all the credit for tonight's move. I'm worthless in this regard. (Plus I have to spend hours in the car tonight picking up someone from SFO as I promised a month ago.) Hopefully the next time I log in it will be to TDT.org.

Thanks again to the current Directors and to everyone on staff for all you've done to make TDT such a wonderful experience. And our members rock!

See you on the other side!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

24 hours is going to seem SO long!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    24 hours is going to seem SO long!

John
    Just 1,440 minutes.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Well, I'll be having brain surgery tomorrow....but as soon as I get out of hospital....I'll come looking for you all, I'll find you and then.......look out!!! I'll get you!
    Hugs, best wishes, and prayers all coming your way!!
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Attention:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZZ3Fy7hmFs"]- Fallout - I've got spurs that jingle jangle..[/ame]

That is all.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back everybody

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast