Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign Stephen King Editions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose a selller can ask any price they want. Seems like a waste of time:
    La Tour Sombre l'Intégrale, Tome 2 (French Edition), King, Stephen,

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So you're saying that the book isn't worth $91.32-$105.02? But it's got FREE SHIPPING! lol

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've noticed that a few months ago, when a french fan was asking tips of where to find this book... and there are only a few copies available online, for this kind of price. Which is twice the original price.
    If i remember correctly, it was a limited print run of 2,500 or 5,000 copies each.

There is the same shortage of copies with the french COLORADO KID. It's out of print, and i dont know how many copies were done but... probably not that much. Guess i could ask the publisher.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting!
    However, the seller doesn't ship to The Netherlands and it is not possible to send a message :/

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Interesting!
    However, the seller doesn't ship to The Netherlands and it is not possible to send a message :/
    Would you like me to ask for you?

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Interesting!
    Would you like me to ask for you?
    Would be very helpful, I sent you a message

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

How foreign companies get away with using copywritten artwork is beyond me, lol.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

In the case of the Spanish cover, the artwork is purchased to the publisher as well.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    How foreign companies get away with using copywritten artwork is beyond me, lol.
    I do not understand that comment. It is likely that the publishers buys the rights to use the artwork as well. I seriously doubt that major publishers will NOT buy rights for artwork. It's just that OFTEN they use already artwork, as i guess that buying rights is cheaper than trying to get good artwork. Easier, cheaper, matching the author's vision of the book. What's wrong about that?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

By the way...check the Spanish cover for Joyland. I LOVE IT.

And it'll be published in a small format (like a pocket book), in hardcover with dustjacket.

Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I do not understand that comment. It is likely that the publishers buys the rights to use the artwork as well. I seriously doubt that major publishers will NOT buy rights for artwork. It's just that OFTEN they use already artwork, as i guess that buying rights is cheaper than trying to get good artwork. Easier, cheaper, matching the author's vision of the book. What's wrong about that?
    Yeah, a lot of times I think rights to art for a book are sold in one country and might even be sold for a totally differing book in another. I think it's just that there are sometimes cases where worldwide rights are sold and sometimes country specific rights.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

You're right about artwork being also sold for different books.
    Last week or so i've seen the following cover on a book from a different author (dont remember who) :

And i know that the Firestarter cover of the limited edition was used on another book too. Both in France.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I've seen that knowing darkness pic on another cover too. That's one example i had in mind when i made that statement.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast