Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 267 of 430 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 367 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,675 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME, Folken.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    WELCOME, Folken.
    Welcome all.......you are going to LOVE it here!!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Traveler redrose is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Just see it in the library and wanted read it..after i needed wait some months for second part..and after months and years o waiting finally finish read the 7 books

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland and Eddie

What is your favorite book? The drawing of the three and the waste lands

How old are you? 22

Where are you from? Mexico

Great books, also from Stephen king i like The eyes of the dragon. I still wait some door will open to other world. I tried make all my friend convert into Rolands force (that means read the books) unfortunately no one turn into this side.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Traveler Nozz-A-La is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I think I had an account here before under my main Email, since it said I did, but I forgot all about it. I figured I'd start fresh. I'm reading the series again for the third or fourth time, can't remember. Easily my favorite series of all time.

How Did you discover the dark tower?: I've been a King fan for awhile now, and I would go to Waldenbooks every week or so after I got some money and buy a new book, and after awhile I saw the DT boxed set 1-4, I said what the hell and bought it. Hooked ever since.

What is your favorite Character?: Roland Deschain, easily. Followed by Eddie.

What is your favorite book?: That's a tough one. They're all amazing, particularly Drawing of the Three, Wizard and Glass, and The Dark Tower. I'd have to go with the last one.

How old are you?: 19 (wink wink)

Where are you from?: Ohio

Traveler Bappi is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower? i came across 2 rather worn paperback copies of the dark tower gunslinger born and the drawing of the three in a car boot sale and bought them for 50p each. I read them and re read them looking out for more until i discovered another 2 books wizard and glass and wastelands, i kept a look out for more but 5 years later thought that maybe they hadnt been written, then to my amazement found loads on ebay since then i have now got 5 first edition first print hardback books and waiting for 2 more plus a complete paperback reading set, im also collecting the complete marvel comic book series plus hardback novels

Who is your favorite character? My favorite character is without doubt OY but second is Susannah you never know who she will be next

What is your favorite book? for me it has to be the gunslinger born as it was the first one i had discovered read and re read

How old are you? 46

Where are you from? Isle of Wight, England

Do you have a nickname? yes my nickname is Bappi as i play lord of the rings online and its one of my characters there my fianceee and her girls always use that instead of my real name lol.

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I saw one of the books in the bookshop and thought the cover looked very much like Lord of the Rings. I was doubtful SK could turn his hand to something like that but after re-reading IT I thought I would give it a go.
    The rest is history!

Who is your favorite character?
    I'm sorry to be boring but it has to be Roland.

What is your favorite book?
    Wizard and Glass. Brilliant flashback book. I didn't want it to end.

How old are you?
    I'm 32.

Where are you from?
    Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, England.
    Famous for JCB, Dr Samuel Johnson, horse racing, Shane Meadows and malted milk biscuits...

do you have a nickname?
    noal, had it for years and Neil is sooo boring.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to redrose, Bappi & noal.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Welcome, welcome, welcome all you new people!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all new members!!! Visit regularly and post often!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome folks!

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started rereading the series. There was no way I couldn't stop by here for a moment.
    Insert witty comment here.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Harrald View Post
    I just started rereading the series. There was no way I couldn't stop by here for a moment.
    Thanks for stopping in!!! Have fun, post often!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler Manco is on a distinguished road Manco's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Default Greetings and Salutations!

Greetings Everyone. I've lurked around the forums for a couple of weeks and started to feel dirty in the shadows. I've decided I want to start collecting King books and proofs and heard through the grapevine that this site is the funk. I'm not much for a spectacle but I'll try to introduce myself (hah!).

My father and I enjoyed westerns while I was growing up. I had started reading King at a young age but had remained oblivious to the tower series. I was discussing some other literature with a relative-- I believe it was The Club Dumas-- when they told me they were reading The Gunslinger. When he informed me that one of the main characters was inspired by Sergio Leone's "The Man With No Name", I couldn't help but acquiesce to chance's call. While this got me in the door, it was the depth of the characters and the macabre that beguiled me.

Who is your favorite charcter?

With all said and done, Roland. As a more interesting answer, I would submit Jonas from the big coffin hunters. His backstory, circumstances, emotions, and conclusion were masterful. He was disturbingly human.

The Waste Lands. The events leading up to the drawing were incredible.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Jackson, MI

Name/Nickname

Andrew

I look forward to meeting everybody!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!!!

Traveler Renee is on a distinguished road Renee's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Introducing Myself ...

Always been a book worm and at 11 or 12 my mom introduced me to Stephen King and I was hooked, but I (for some reason) refused to read the Dark Tower series. I think it was just stubbornness because my mom raved about them and after sitting through endless hours of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and Dirty Harry movies as a kid - mom is obviously also a Clint fan - I decided that Westerns weren't for me. BUT I read Insomnia recently and the lingering hints that lie in between the lines of the book about Roland and the Dark Tower intrigued me. I read all seven books in less than two weeks; I couldn't put them down.

Who is your favorite character?

Well, I know Roland is probably the number one answer, and I do love Roland (especially when he attempts some of the strange words from our world ... astin, Magda Seens haha, it kills me), but I have to go with Eddie. He speaks what's on his mind and I can respect that.

Ahhh!!!!! That's a tough one. But I think my favorite one is The Wastelands.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Chicago, IL

Do you have a nickname?

Yep. Doesn't mean I'm gonna tell anyone though lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome All!!!!!

Post often and visit frequently!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Fox92 is on a distinguished road Fox92's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, it's all Jean's doing!)) I'm sure you all know this Bear here He told me about this interesting site and finally here I am!

Honestly, I've never read King's books... But I'm going to start reading them one day).

I don't know yet.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Russia, a small town near Moscow.

do you have a nickname?

Yeah, a lot, but they all contain a "Fox"-part.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you should start reading King right away - there's no better day for this than your birthday...

well, if you don't have any within reach, it's a wonderful day to start thinking about it anyway; I think you might want to check this thread

The site is big, so there's a lot of things to do here. At the moment, we're having the Best Actor of All Times tournament at The Gem Theater, and many interesting movie discussions in the same section.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

welcome!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice scstandpipe is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been collecting for over 2 years now and have used this site as my primary source of information (and for looking at everyone's collections!)

Bill Denborough...we had a common affliction growing up...the st..st..stutter.

Gotta be IT followed by Pet Sematary. Freaked me out & still do

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Columbia, South Carolina home of the baseball national champs!

Do you have a nickname?

Too many to list, but I try to go by Will when possible

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Southern Man!!!!

Useless piece of Information: I used to have a place on Hilton Head Island. A sort of "Corporate golf retreat" when I lived back in The Big Apple!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome! The golf there has always been great; and whenever I read your signature I think of Larry David talking for George Steinbrenner on Seinfeld lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by scstandpipe View Post
    That's awesome! The golf there has always been great; and whenever I read your signature I think of Larry David talking for George Steinbrenner on Seinfeld lol
    Larry David!!!! LOL I'm a "died in the wool" Yankee fan!!! LOL That stuff about Mr Stienbrenner is serious!!!!!

Go look at my collection!!!! LOL

Beautiful Courses!!!!!!!

Note to self: I really got to get around to posting all the Yankee memorabilia for these upstarts!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scstandpipe View Post
    Larry David!!!! LOL I'm a "died in the wool" Yankee fan!!! LOL That stuff about Mr Stienbrenner is serious!!!!!

Go look at my collection!!!! LOL

Beautiful Courses!!!!!!!

Note to self: I really got to get around to posting all the Yankee memorabilia for these upstarts!!!!

Oh I could tell you were serious about your Yankees!! 2 things: Your collection is amazing, I especially love your Tolkien stuff! and are you really 6 foot 9???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 267 of 430 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 367 ... LastLast