Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any one a Frank Herbert fan? Dune?

Hybrid View

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it is a hard series to explain .. and keep in mind the books don't follow conventional timing, the events of the last two are thousands of years past the events of the first three.

Its a bold project, looking at humanity tens of thousands of years from today, and the resulting complexity of the series is warranted I think

Ive got the complete dune encyclopedia at home, which is extremely handy to have when understanding the Dune universe. If you guys do end up reading it and have any queries I can look them up for you.

The mini series and children of dune mini series are factual as the books go - the Lynch film is based on the Dune book, but much of it is different.

An accurate remake could be done with todays CGI that would be amazing
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Yeah it is a hard series to explain .. and keep in mind the books don't follow conventional timing, the events of the last two are thousands of years past the events of the first three.

Its a bold project, looking at humanity tens of thousands of years from today, and the resulting complexity of the series is warranted I think

Ive got the complete dune encyclopedia at home, which is extremely handy to have when understanding the Dune universe. If you guys do end up reading it and have any queries I can look them up for you.

The mini series and children of dune mini series are factual as the books go - the Lynch film is based on the Dune book, but much of it is different.

An accurate remake could be done with todays CGI that would be amazing
    Before I came onto this forum, I was all over 2 or 3 Dune forums. There's been talk of a new movie, but not sure if it's going to happen. I mean, Frank has entered the clearing at the end of his path and it's all on Brian Herbert's shoulders. A bunch of us hardcore dune fans are scared what might happen. However, like you said, with cgi the way it is now, should be pretty cool to re-do Dune.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

+ Reply to Thread