Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 258 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Hybrid View

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

German ARC/PROOF[IMG]
    [/IMG]

One of TWO diff. German Arc/Proofs `LESEEXEMPLAR´ from DAS MÄDCHEN´ - The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon- This Leseexemplar appears in TWO diff. versions. One cover is white the other is black. This is the white one.

Equally the ´normal´ HC´s appeared in black + white, shrink-wrapped in a
    a really cureous hart plastic packing.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=110507050611

I ask the seller, he deliverd to the USA, pls ask before bidding regarding delivery cost´s...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've updated the list in the first post to add the ARC of Blockade Billy.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if there arent two sorts of ARC ?

Mine have been shipped one week ago, and the mail says : "KING04 ARC2"
    ARC2... Is there an ARC1?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I wonder if there arent two sorts of ARC ?

Mine have been shipped one week ago, and the mail says : "KING04 ARC2"
    ARC2... Is there an ARC1?
    Which book are you talking about?

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry. I am talking about BLOCKADE BILLY.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea. I kind of doubt there would be two different ARCs from Cemetary Dance for this book, but who knows for sure? I'm sure we'll soon find out.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

Lilja posted an image of his:

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully, I'll be posting pictures of my copy by the end of the week.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Hopefully, I'll be posting pictures of my copy by the end of the week.

John
    Me too : i SO cant wait!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

Richard Chizmar: Because of time constraints, we actually needed to produce two states of the ARC (Advanced Reading Copies). The first (with a plain white cover) was only sent to four trade reviewers from places like PUBLISHER'S WEEKLY, BOOKLIST, etc, because they needed the ARCs so far in advance. The rest of the reviewers were sent an ARC featuring the full color artwork 2-3 weeks later.

From Lilja's interview with Rich Chizmar

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Richard Chizmar: Because of time constraints, we actually needed to produce two states of the ARC (Advanced Reading Copies). The first (with a plain white cover) was only sent to four trade reviewers from places like PUBLISHER'S WEEKLY, BOOKLIST, etc, because they needed the ARCs so far in advance. The rest of the reviewers were sent an ARC featuring the full color artwork 2-3 weeks later.

From Lilja's interview with Rich Chizmar
    Quite rare... only 4 made. But why even bother? It's a bit of a process to produce a book and to make only 4 and give them away for free is a bit silly... then again it is for press, so... I dunno.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Another (allbeit VERY rare) proof to add to my list!

I'm updating the listing in the first post of this thread to reflect this.

Thanks, Bev!

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Realistically, I don't ever expect to get one, but "Hope Springs Eternal"...

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You should just aim to collect all four copies.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as I'm dreaming about it, why not!?!

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

For real! If you're gonna' dream you might as well dream big.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Collectors - If something exists...we will get it!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

So... is it, or is it not?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

[quote=biomieg;505337]
    So... is it, or is it not?
    Announcing the DT Competition

What is this book pictured above?

Prize for winner(s)

CD Lettered "Legacies"
    CD Lettered SoD Vol 1

Small Print

As the prizes are Cemetery Dance books, Entrants must be aged 75 and over, and be accompanied by both parents when picking up their prizes. For delivery date, please contact Richard Chizmar direct.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to find something in my collection that looks like that. It COULD be Phantasmagoria: The Final Chapter but that didn't originally come in a slipcase.

Otherwise I am drawing a blank. Is it by King or does it contain original writing by King? I might need a hint.

Or is it, indeed, the first state proof of BLOCKADE BILLY?

Country
    Country Flag

It COULD be Phantasmagoria: The Final Chapter but that didn't originally come in a slipcase. No

Is it by King or does it contain original writing by King? Yes to both

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think I have figured it out but if I am right the slipcase is aftermarket.

Does the book contain only part of a larger novel?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, I mentioned in another thread that I won a Pet Sematary proof on eBay. I don't know yet which of the two states it is (typewritten vs. typeset). I'm happy to wait and find out once I get the book in the mail (I'm pretty sure it's the most common state and I'm fine with that ).

But since I don't think I've seen the answer anywhere, this thread seems the most appropriate place to ask:

How can you tell the proof state based on pictures of the book? One has a spine with 'Pet Sematary' in smaller fonts and 'Doubleday' along the spine, and the other has the title in larger fonts and 'Doubleday' perpendicular to the spine. But which one is which?

Country
    Country Flag

The one on the right is the "Typeset" (The rarest)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 258 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast