Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Are you for or against circumcision?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

40 43.48%
  • Against

32 34.78%
  • Unsure

20 21.74%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Intact or Circumcised

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    I must admit that today I may have to rethink this entire thing.
    just want to let you know that i caught this

*wink wink ,nod nod, say no more, say no more*

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*lipszipped*

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    *lipszipped*
    OMG--I hope that isn't a new form.

First circumcision then zipping lips

I'm not sure I would call it "wrong" and I have no problem with my parents for doing it. I asked my 15 year old son about his and he said that he would have wanted it done if he had the choice.

And yes, I gave him tons of info before asking his opinion.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Actually, he would have known more about what feels "bad". The dude was a sadist.

Fixed.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not like I hate uncircumcised penises or anything, but they do kind of freak me out a bit.

I dunno. They just remind me of sea cucumbers, and I think sea cucumbers are fucking disgusting.

crazy cat lady ksmithcats is on a distinguished road ksmithcats's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow...I'm just amazed that I sat here and read this thread nonstop for the last hour. I just noticed how much my chicken strip looks like a penis.....and my macaroni.

My daughters and I are packin' vaginas so we were spared tough choices. Hubby's rollin' a '68 Circ and we've been pretty satisfied with its performance.

All in all some very fascinating discussions and really funny stuff (heehee i just mis-typed "funny" as "runny"....almost left it that way too)

Anyone remember the "Sex & the City" where Charlotte wouldn't get down with the uncut guy 'cuz it looked like "a Sharpei"? I can't imagine being that shallow.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the seinfeld episode where elaine hooks up with an uncircumcised dude and complains that "It had no face!"
    My familys jewish so i gotta say that that procedure has caused me no issues whatsover (the not being able 2 get laid part is a mental issue not physical)
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

This article made me remember this thread even existed. It would appear an argument can be made that circumcision has a purpose other than aesthetic or religious concerns.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/27/he...c74&ei=5087%0A

Circumcision Is Found to Curb Two S.T.D.’s
    By NICHOLAS BAKALAR

Male circumcision, already shown to reduce the incidence of H.I.V. infection in men, also reduces transmission of both herpes simplex virus Type 2 and human papilloma virus, a study has found.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, at least 45 million people in the United States ages 12 and older have had herpes, or H.S.V.-2, the incurable infection that can cause recurrent painful genital lesions. About 20 million are currently infected with human papilloma virus, or H.P.V., which causes various genital cancers, including most cervical cancers. There is no treatment or cure for H.P.V., but there is a vaccine now licensed only for girls and women.

The study, a randomized clinical trial published Thursday in The New England Journal of Medicine, assigned more than 3,000 uncircumcised Ugandan men who were not infected with H.S.V.-2 to undergo immediate circumcision or to be circumcised 24 months from the start of the investigation. A subgroup was similarly evaluated for H.P.V. infection.

At 24 months, 114 men of the men initially circumcised and 153 of the noncircumcised tested positive for H.S.V.-2. After controlling for various health and behavioral factors, the researchers estimated that circumcised men had a 25 percent reduced risk of infection. The results do not apply to their partners.

For the types of H.P.V. that cause genital cancer, the results were even more striking. About 18 percent of circumcised men were infected at the end of two years, compared with almost 28 percent in the control group. Even after adjustment for types of sexual practices, symptoms of sexually transmitted infections and other variables, the circumcised men had a 35 percent reduced risk of infection.

The mechanism for the effect is unclear, but the authors suggest that the retraction of the foreskin during intercourse exposes the penis to infection, and that the moist area under the foreskin may then provide a protected environment in which the viruses can flourish.

Asked about the applicability of the African results to men in the United States, the study’s senior author, Dr. Ronald H. Gray, a professor of reproductive epidemiology at Johns Hopkins, said, “There is no reason to believe that this is in any way unique to Africa.”

The study confirms the results of two previous trials in South Africa, and Dr. Gray believes that taken together the studies have significant implications for public health.

“The findings suggest that there are important lifetime health benefits to the procedure,” he said. “I think it’s important that pediatricians consider the lifelong benefits that might accrue from circumcision when they are advising parents on whether the procedure should be performed in baby boys.”

Other experts agreed. Robert C. Bailey, a professor of epidemiology at the University of Illinois, Chicago, who has published widely on the subject, said the American Academy of Pediatrics and other professional associations “are not taking the lead in providing clinicians, nurses and midwives — the people who assist parents in making decisions,” with the information they need. “And so parents are not being fully informed,” he added.

An editorial published with the study said that rates of circumcision in the United States were declining, and that they were lowest among black and Hispanic patients, groups with disproportionately high rates of H.I.V., herpes infection and cervical cancer. There are 16 states in which Medicaid does not pay for routine circumcision, and this may exacerbate the problem among the poor, the editorial said.

The authors acknowledge that both intervention and control subjects were self-selected, and that compliant subjects might be at lower risk for infection to begin with. That could result in an underestimation of the effect. Since the men were evaluated only at 24 months, it also is difficult to determine whether the lower rate of infection was because of a reduced rate of acquisition or an increased rate of infection clearance.

Still, considering the results of their own and previous studies, the researchers conclude that circumcision should now be accepted as an effective intervention for H.S.V.-2 and H.P.V. prevention, even though they emphasize that the procedure is only partly effective and that the promotion of safe sex is still essential.

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I am cut ofc, and so are my two oldest boys, but after much reading and thinking I chose not to cut my last child. I won't bore everyone with the process but as much as it may hurt more later in life, it is completely possible. That is not the case if I had made the choice for him.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i have three boys and none of them were cut. my husband is, but he let me make that decision. since i'm not jewish, i didn't see why there was any reason to have it done to them. i think it's shallow to have it done to your children purely for cosmetic reasons.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Plus it is their penis. They should have a choice.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Damn right.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think many men want to make that decision when they're older.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by idk, my bff jill? View Post
    I get a little fidgety just posting in this thread.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If I had it, I'd leave it at this point.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idk, my bff jill? View Post
    good point. I'd rather have my parents decide for me when I was too young to know, than making it myself now.
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Gunslinger Apprentice Daffy is on a distinguished road Daffy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This has to be the best reading I have had in quite a while, at one point I spat my coffee out cause I was laughing so hard

I am Circumcised and so are my two boys and I did it because both the pediatrician and my wife's OB/GYN advised us to

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty much the reason we did it. In 93 when my son was born, it was pretty much a given.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread makes for a bloody good read.
    Not that I'm particularly affected by circumcision...I'm female...with a girlfriend...but it's still bloody interesting.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Indeed it does Alisha. I look forward to 20 years from now when my youngest and my oldest can sit and compare notes.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I think most of the men who undergo circumcision as adults do so for religious reasons, a la The Assistant.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I must be the only one with a sea-cucumber
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Country
    Country Flag

LOL. I should have never made that sea cucumber comment.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I just had a hilarious mental image.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast