Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Tull *possible spoilers*

Hybrid View

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tull was a necessary evil for Roland! He couldn't leave anything to chance... the trap was set and if he left it could have come from behind as he entered the desert with nowhere to hide... I did find it highly sexualy charged, with his sexual encounter with the bar keep (forgotten her name right now) and the preacher woman! But the demon the MiB left behind is more my interest. Would it have been a Mordred type demon or something more like the sex demon's we got to know of in the circles??? As we know Roland was obsessed with the tower and for good reason, the whole of (his) mankind depended on it...

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

so a real gunslinger waits around in towns were they know a trap is set and waiting to be sprung? a real gunslinger eats, drinks, and fucks while waiting for the trap to just close around him? say sorry, i don't think so. and that's what roland did in tull.

and yeah, MoW, you know i can't leave. i'm just to contrary to do that.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by RelevantCloud9 View Post
    I know all that.
    I just found Jake to be very annoying!
    And you think that you're in hot water for calling Roland dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Hell, Roland even stumbling upon Jake was a trap. He even knew that "the Man In Black carried his soul in his pocket as long as he traveled with the boy". Does that mean that keeping Jake around as long as he did was a waste of time too?
    absolutely not. we all know how i feel about jake. and i never said that he was wasting his time in tull. i said that staying in tull didn't make any sense when he knew that a trap had been laid for him.

Actually I've always thought Roland was a little stupid.
    Just thought I would get lynched for saying so.

In most westerns form the '70s the "good guy" is usually a pretty rotten person. He's just a little nicer then the "bad guys". What you would call a anti-hero.

I figured Roland stayed in Tull as long as he did because he really didn't want to keep going. And in a way part of it was because he was lonely. He's sort of a wimpy guy. Doesn't really know when to leave to avoid trouble. Like in Mejis, he could have avoided that trouble if hadn't been so unsure of what to do. Seems like being unsure about to do is his way of handling everything. Just wait until you can't get out and then kill everybody. After all, he can always blame ka for it in the end.
    well, i don't know if you'll get lynched but maybe by certain quarters. see, i thought he didn't want to keep going on some level as well. and cowardice is no trait for a gunslinger to possess. but he knew when to leave to avoid trouble, he just didn't. that's stupidity. he wasn't unsure as much as - resigned?

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    <snip>
    It goes back to the poem folks. The Hoary Cripple (definitely Walter at this point for King) points to the direction of the Dark Tower ("which all agree") but the first line of the poem is, "My first thought was he lied in every word." My point: they are "traps" in a sense, but in another they all lead to the Dark Tower. Amanda makes a really good point. I could go on for about 150- pages but I'll stop.

Turtlesong, rape is a sensitive subject I don't offer any of this in a belittling way.
    i know you don't and yes it is a very sensitive subject. i just have a hard time seeing how anyone could NOT see what he did for what it was. it's described that way in the book. it's very confusing to me.

I know all that.
    aaaaaaaand let the lynching commence. but still ------->

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I know all that.
    And you think that you're in hot water for calling Roland dumb.
    yeah, what he said!!!!

I shall keep my mouth shut and stay out of tull from now on!
    Before I make anymore enemies!

:skulks quietly out of the room with head down:
    Hey, no enemies and no worries.

You didn't see the crowd with the pitchforks and flaming torchs!
    We all love Jake and fell in love with him immediately- Some of us for twenty years. No one hates you.

here's some cookies dear sai cloud. and some chocolate. now come out from under the couch. don't make me come in there after you.
    Last edited by The Lady of Shadows; 06-25-2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: changed madame to sai so r.c. won't beat me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6