Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: What is your favourite non-King book?

Along the Path of the Beam Maera is on a distinguished road Maera's Avatar

My very favorite book (Stephen King or otherwise, cry pardon) has to be The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It's the most genuinely touching novel I've read, with starkly honest characters and nicely original plot. Sorry to gush, I just can't quite help it.

Traveler ~wander is on a distinguished road ~wander's Avatar

My favorite book isn't a King book either, I'm afraid. That title goes to The Sound and the Fury. Accurate psychology and literature will always beat out just literature for me.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    Shit, just one? That's too hard. I have one in each genre maybe!

But, well.....

Ender's Game. There you go, one book. It's a must read.
    Ok, I've been thinking about it, and I changed my choice. Herman Wouk's Winds of War and War and Remembrance are one story, and some of the best reading i've ever done. I've read them both about 30 times, and I love them.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

John F. Kennedy Truth is on a distinguished road Truth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite non king book would have to be almost any jim buther book or i am legend by richard matheson
    -The Cake is A LIE-
    -And Thats The Truth-

Along the Path of the Beam glm is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by glm View Post
    I don't know . . . The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty perhaps.
    Changed my mind, definintely Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.

Traveler Ledzepplinrules is on a distinguished road Ledzepplinrules's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite book of all time Sophie's World by Jostein Gardener I think is how you spell it.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    My favorite non king book would have to be almost any jim buther book or i am legend by richard matheson
    Yes yes yes!! I read I AM LEGEND along with some of his other stories and I was mesmerized... I also love Phillip K. Dick (crazy guy) and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Douglas Adams had some great quotes.

Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I don't really know about a single favorite, but one title in particular comes to mind because it changed the way I thought about things--I thought I had it all figured out until I read this.

Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6