Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's do the Time Warp Again

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Default Let's do the Time Warp Again

So this is the unofficial official thread about Rocky Horror Picture Show... Anyone a fan? Anyone hate it? Anyone been to a show? Let's talk!!! And you Shockies are welcome here too, who followed Shock Treatment as well!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I hate every second of the movie. I'm done.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Why don't you like any of it, may I ask?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it has some amazing music in it. The thing was all the rage when I was a teenager and my parents (being the progressives they are) took us to a midnight showing at the Oriental in Denver.

The line got egg'd...it was great!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Worried

I went and saw it at the Orpheum in Madison... I drove six hours just to see it performed in front of the movie being played. It was AMAZING. I wore a bra and a slip and went as Janet.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Why don't you like any of it, may I ask?
    I hate musicals, for starters, Don't like the music, especially the time warp song and as someone who DJ's weddings/parties I've endured it enough. When I was a kid I watched it assuming it was a horror movie and I was really mistaken and I'm just glad I've erased everything but Time Warp from my head. I've always assumed I'd have to have grown up during the 70's and dropped some LSD to enjoy it lol. The way everyone dressed up and sat in a theatre watching it, guess it was a cult craze and not many people from my generation are up on it. I suspect they will try and remake it one day, I'm sure.

I avoid all musicals; moulin rouge, hairspray, chicago...and the singing in Disney movies really annoys me. It's a form of entertainment that has zero appeal to me. Personally, I just find any musical I've ever watched to be insanely stupid.

But people say the same about professional wrestling to me. A different flavour of pie for everyone

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I did see Phantom of the Opera in it's heydey in Toronto as a kid and I remember thinking that was alright. That's about the extent of musical taste. I even find many musical sequences say in Family Guy or South Park take away from it...from time to time.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Rocky Horror! There is an old timey theatre in Lexington which has midnight shows quite often. When I was a senior in high school, I filled in as Janet for my friend during the show. It was so awesome. One interesting thing, I never liked it much until I went to one of the shows. It was such a fun experience, I liked the movie a lot more.

My Mood
    Worried

I love professional wrestling and I selectively love musicals. I love Hair but not necessarily Hairspay, I adore RHPS, like Shock Treatment but didn't like Chicago and hate Moulin Rouge. I like most Disney musicals... But I love music. Haven't watched this new Around the world (or whatever it's called yet) but since it involves the Beatles I may have to watch it.
    Why? Do I love Rocky Horror Picture Show? I guess it's just a form of art that opened my eyes to a whole entire world. It just seemed like a complete artpiece to me...

My Mood
    Worried

I LOVE Phantom of the Opera.

My Mood
    Worried

*AND* I loved the South Park movie...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah South Park movie was great. I enjoyed how they did the musical sequences on purpose to mock Disney films. Watching Robin Williams perform 'Blame Canada' at the Oscars was awesome.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    I love professional wrestling and I selectively love musicals. I love Hair but not necessarily Hairspay, I adore RHPS, like Shock Treatment but didn't like Chicago and hate Moulin Rouge. I like most Disney musicals... But I love music. Haven't watched this new Around the world (or whatever it's called yet) but since it involves the Beatles I may have to watch it.
    Why? Do I love Rocky Horror Picture Show? I guess it's just a form of art that opened my eyes to a whole entire world. It just seemed like a complete artpiece to me...

I believe the Beatles movie that you mean is Across the Universe. It is ok but it tries to force too many songs in and some of them don't fit. While I thought it was ok, I have seen others post that thought it was the worst thing ever.

Oh, and back to the point, I have never seen RHPS all the way through but my wife likes it and her parents apparently really like it.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its a fun little thing for sure. As long as you don't mind some mind bending trans sexuality

I love the song at the beginning with the lips.

(this is from memory and probably wrong in many ways)

Michael Rainey was ill
    the day the earth stood still
    but he told us...
    where to stand

And Flash Gorden was there
    in silver underwear
    Claude Rains was the Invisible Man...

Then something went wrong
    for Faye Ray and King Kong
    they got caught in a celluloid jam

Then at a deadly pace
    it came from...
    Outer Space
    and this is how the message ran

Science fiction (ooh ooh ooh) double feature
    Doctor X (ooh ooh ooh) will build a creature
    See androids fighting (ooh ooh ooh) Brad and Janet
    Anne Francis stars in (ooh ooh ooh) Forbidden Planet
    Wo oh oh oh oh oh
    At the late night, double feature, picture show

Richard O'Brien is seriously cool as shit, wrote the whole thing basically.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have never seen the Rocky Horror Show.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its worth a look, I'd suggest a few drinks first.

Basically its a parody musical poking fun at the 50's science fiction era. The typical couple lost, mad scientist...stuff like that.

However, its also quite sexually charged because the mad scientist himself (Dr. Frank N Furter) is very um....progressive.

His opening song tidbit. (again from memory)

How'd you do I'm
    pleased you met my
    faithful handyman

he's just a bit brought down because
    when you knocked
    he thought you were the
    candyman

Don't get brought down
    by the way I look
    don't judge a book by its cover

I may not look like much of a man
    by the light of day
    but by night
    I'm one hell of a lover

I'm just a sweet transvestite...

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like I should try to check it out sometime.

My Mood
    Worried

Tim Curry is one of the best actors of all time.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I love Rocky Horror, although technically I'm still a virgin because I've never been to an ACTUAL midnight showing with a cast.

I've been to see the movie at midnight 3 times though, and all three times I made up goodie bags for my group of friends.
    Getting pelted with rice never felt so good

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Scott!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I don't think Rocky Horror is horrible by any means, but I have never really gotrten into it as far as the midnight showings and such go. I think that is mainly because I had friends in highschool who were completely obsessed with it and I got tired of hearing them talk about it.

It is an entertaining movie, though.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

It is TWICE the show with the cast in the audience. I went to a couple of showings in this tiny town and I and my friends had to be the cast. The fools were showing Rocky Horror Picture show, after midnight, on a weekend...with no cast! We were appalled (And wasted) so we became the cast.

Years later (I was maybe 35) I went to see it when I was sober. It isn't quite as good with a clear head and no cast.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    Sounds like I should try to check it out sometime.
    If all you are planning on doing is renting it and watching it at home, don't bother. It's an audience participation thing.

The college my son goes to always shows it on the lawn outside the student union on Halloween night.

My Mood
    Worried

Guess who's in the Flash Gordon movie from the 80s? I was excited.

Richard O'Brien!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

"Damn it!"

(Damn it!)

Janet!

(Janet!)

My favorite line...obscure but I like it!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast